Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Hey guys I need a little help here. I'm gathering parts for the build and can't find a very important part. I see that most of you are using a mesh or screen material for the windows. I went to Hobby Lobby and Menards but nobody knew where I could find that material. Where do you guys get it from?

Unfortunately, the screen I used on my Mouse Rod was from K$S and is no longer sold. I had to lessen the area I planned to cover because of the unavailability.

I do have a small piece of similar PE mesh from Model Car Garage. It is 1.5" x 3" in size. Kind of expensive for such a small size, but it's of nice quality.

I also have a smaller piece of mesh done in a plastic, but don't know where that came from.

Edited by Foxer

Hey 91 blaze !

For the screen, go to the craft store, (Michaels, etc) or a store that sells fabric and ask for "Tulle" Pronounced "tool". It is used mainly for weddings.

Cut it, glue it and paint it. Or you can paint it first then cut it and glue it on.

white_tulle_flower_clip_by_thejunkshoppe-d3cr2em.png

Edited by Hollywood Jim

Thanks for the help guys, I ended up going back to Menards and grabbing a roll of screen like for a screen door. I checked it out and it seems to be the right scale for this. Now I practically have a lifetime supply of it for like 5 bucks.

I just wish Hobby Lobby carried 1/25 weapons, I had to settle for 1/35 <_<

Edited by 91blaze

Thanks for the help guys, I ended up going back to Menards and grabbing a roll of screen like for a screen door. I checked it out and it seems to be the right scale for this. Now I practically have a lifetime supply of it for like 5 bucks.

I just wish Hobby Lobby carried 1/25 weapons, I had to settle for 1/35 <_<

Yeah, the screen will work good. And if it's that fiberglass type it's easy to work with.

Yeah, it's finally done. The Zombie Cruiser is complete. I was able to add the final details today with the added chains, toolbox, gas can, antennas and mud buildup on the tires. I might find a few more small details to add to it down the road but for right now I consider this one done.

Once I get a few other projects out of the way I plan on starting on another one.

DSC00491-vi.jpg

DSC00492-vi.jpg

DSC00493-vi.jpg

DSC00494-vi.jpg

DSC00495-vi.jpg

DSC00496-vi.jpg

it's been a while since i've said anything on here, but seeing as how this thread is where i've posted the most, i'll say it here-

I'm hanging up the models for a bit to concentrate on some other things going on. I find it harder each day to put time into building when i have so much going on in everything else.

No worries, I'll get back into it once everything slows down a bit... I just need to take a step back and take care of life for a while.

I'll still drop in and check out the cool eyecandy that pops in here from time to time!

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum and would like to join the Caravan. I stumbled across this Forum by accident and I'm glad I did. I have three ideas for three vehicles. Two are junk kits and the third is a incomplete box kit. I haven't touched a kit in quite a while and this reignigted my interest. I just hope I can make something as great as the rest of you.

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum and would like to join the Caravan. I stumbled across this Forum by accident and I'm glad I did. I have three ideas for three vehicles. Two are junk kits and the third is a incomplete box kit. I haven't touched a kit in quite a while and this reignigted my interest. I just hope I can make something as great as the rest of you.

welcome and it's never too late to get started