Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

I'm liking that Chevelle. The hood is vintage 80's goodness.

thanks

im building it like you would in real life

the story behind it is burried somewhere in here, but to save you from searching through 161 pages of it here are the cliff notes

johnnie had an old chevelle him and his boy were rebuilding into a drag car

poor johhnie, he bought us enough time to drop the 350 from the farmtruck into the chevelle (the 454 was being rebuild) but he paid for it dearly

we met a small caravan just outside of town and all headed north together

while with the caravan we partook on scouting trip

during one of those trips we came across a burned out chevelle

it looks like it hit a mine or something that blew the bottom end of the motor out

we were able to scavenge the blower and mount it onto galloper

rather than hunting down a muffler cutter and modifying the beautyfull yellow hood we just bolted the hood from the burned out chevelle unto galloper

and that is how that 80s hood ended up on this escape pod ;)

Edited by diymirage

I think I'm one of 5 people that have posted updates in the last two months. But anyways, I made some updates to my interceptor. I cut out the door windows and added the damage to the left front fender, and right rear flare. You can now see all the junk on the floor, even though the movie car had much more in there.

102_1920.jpg

102_1919.jpg

102_1918.jpg

102_1916.jpg

I've also done some OCD corrections to my Destroyer involving the engine, and started a second one. Right after these photos my camera died and the batteries won't recharge.

Edited by Zarana-X

• 2 weeks later...

This is my lates update, my OCD fix for the Destroyer. The engine was placed too far forward, and would probably make for an understeering, nose heavy pig.

Before:

102_1475.jpg

After:

102_1924.jpg

102_1923.jpg

Although in person you can see traces of the patch panel, the photo hides it. I've always said about photos of show cars, after seeing them in person, "a picture tells 1,000 lies."

and my Ford 2.3 engine swap for the Beetle. Again, this was for my own OCD to correct a car that would handle badly, or possibly be a suicide machine. Engine is from an old Revell fox body Mustang. Weber side draft carbs are from a Tamiya Lamborghini, with scratch built aircleaners & pre-filters.

Before:

models013.jpg

After:

102_1926.jpg

102_1929.jpg

Edited by Zarana-X

The sun finally came out, (you'd think I lived in Seattle, it's been cloudy or rainy every weekend for a month) so I took some better pictures. Natural light is much better than the two lightbulb dungeon lamps.

You can actually see the patch panel in these pics:

102_1945.jpg

102_19462.jpg

Here, I fixed the placement of the tail lamps. Looked kinda goofy with them hanging over the fender.

102_1942.jpg

102_19402.jpg

102_1944.jpg

102_19412.jpg

102_19432.jpg

Edited by Zarana-X

D'oh!

Even though I posted those a week and a half apart, they're still on the same page!

I used to feel that way when I got to consecutive posts a day apart. All things considered, this CB lasted very well. It was meant to end in August or September from memory. That it has any life at all now is amazing.

Okay, so about a year ago, I got this idea...

2012-02-14-buildupdates003_zps17e517b5.j

2012-02-14-buildupdates004_zps42be4c09.j

So, finally this week I got some work done! Got a rolling chassis up on wheels and got a coat of flat black on what I got together. There will be some colour, gunk, rust and weathering added as we go...plus some weaponry for protection and pumps to fill the tank with and a way to get the water out as it comes across thirsty TZHers out on the road!

2013-02-08002_zps9be1f0a6.jpg

2013-02-08003_zps03b1f8e7.jpg

That is a Peterbilt bumper and front springs...

2013-02-08004_zpsd98cb2a3.jpg

Rear springs are from the remnants of an Autocar truck

2013-02-08006_zps6d2603fc.jpg

2013-02-08005_zpsbf3b88a6.jpg

Will make a nice companion for "Galaxium"...have to come up with a name for this one...maybe 'Nemo'...