Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Hey B-dub-

Where'd you get the awesome kitty-shaped model stand? It looks so realistic :P

Anyhow, I'd assume you're going for a gunship tanker? Or something of that nature....

A friend's family member found it in a trashcan as a baby lol and I'm shocked no one has exactly figured it out o.O so I'll post a pic of the 1:1 inspiration.

B-dub.... If you really want to mess with people, put the Walker tracks under the rear of the Mack and use the Mack tandems under the back of the trailer and make the trailer a 4-axle jobby... You gotta think, that turret weighs at least 12 tons... add that to the fuel capacity of the trailer... Sorry, it's my engineering and trucking background coming back to haunt me...

that would be sweet but I'm already out of my comfort zone attempting this.. this will be my second model I'll be doing in a long time and second model I'll paint myself o.o

post-3603-0-71104500-1326847011_thumb.jp

Edited by B-dub

I'm having a ton of fun with this. Now I just need to wait until I can gather the funds to order some styrene and I can get to work on it some more.

like I said it is loosely based on the Dreadnought from Death race the way I see it is it can be a fortress on wheels and a defense against any marauders who try and attack the caravan plus plenty of room for storage with a section left for fuels

When the world ends there will be plenty to scavenge from ... We find an abandoned tank that was being restored along with a stockpile of live ammo at an armory. It was being readied to be converted into a museum piece. We used a couple of crane vehicles and tools to hoist it on our converted tanker trailer and then armored our rig and headed out to search for a settlement!

This CARAVAN is going to bring new meaning to ROAD RAGE.

It's all be the dawning of a new ROAD RAGE AGE!

I like the sound of that.

How could would it not be to line all the builds in a straight line then get someone with great helicopter model skills and a miniature camera to fly over the whole thing and film it? I have a sick mind, I know! :D

Thanks, gents, I appreciate it. Shoot, these types of builds always help ME get out of the slump too.

Here are some glamour pics of the latest. I also want to thank AMT for the 76 PACER kit, it really took me back to 70s! LOL!

006-vi.jpg

10-vi.jpg

I like the front bumper "train style" awesome job

Again, you guys are keeping the inspiration and energy pretty darn high. I hope we can keep it up all during the summer let alone in the Fall. I think we will all have to learn to pace ourselves.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We need more recruits, more GUNS, more TZH KILLING MACHINES!

Oh no, I am starting a new build . . . I am once again possessed, and I blame all of you for it. For keeping the inspiration so high.

I only have two things of the build right now: the name:

SNIPER

and this photograph which I have in my archives of the way I would like for this thing to look:

003-vi.jpg?1326897223

028.jpgis it too late to toss my entry into the mix? i have this 41 woody that i scored at a thrift store the other day that needs some updating. the cogs are churning inside the old noodle. my main goal is to keep wood cabin frame exposed, it is a woody after all. i gotta sit down and start sketching a few base ideas and looking for donors and weapons. heck i might even go see my nephews just to raid their toy bin for this build.

my only question is what's the time length on the build?? i see many of you are 75% done after a few days, some are even finished! now i'm no dr. cranky ,you sir amaze me, so this is gonna take some time. you gotta remember i have to surrive the apocalypse in this machine.

Edited by leviblue

Thanks, gents, I appreciate it. Shoot, these types of builds always help ME get out of the slump too.

Here are some glamour pics of the latest. I also want to thank AMT for the 76 PACER kit, it really took me back to 70s! LOL!

006-vi.jpg

10-vi.jpg

Oh, That's so sweet... I love it!

I'm progressing well with the "70's Van" Cranky... It's going to be it's own rolling barrage of heavy artillery in tow... Vunrable but fun to build...

Thanks Guys for all the eye candy too... This is awesome, glad to be a part of it...

Anthony aka: Tony!

eveyones building great, espcialy the plastic bolts.

heres my huble offering today,

the photo eched showed up form dirtmodeler yester day, the stuff looks great if you never tryed it,

anyways, i sarted on the fornt suspesion, and added a few more little details.

2012drawingagain-2-3-1.png

this is what im shooting for, a modifyed F-1 style suspesion,

2012drawingagain-2-1-5.png

some shuvels and piks were radided from a tamiya kit and modifyed,

2012drawingagain-2-4.png

and i kinda need your help, i got a great seat from dirtmodeler, and can decide if i should use it or the other seat, the black one looks cofterble which would be nice for the long drives, but the brass one just looks amazing,

2012drawingagain-2-2-4.png

thanks for looking, and everyones build looks great