Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Efren, you are really enjoying this. I can tell. Wow, what a great way to recycle parts from electronics. NICE!

This is a lot of fun Dr.C., thanks for your comment, I'll be busy for a long time with this one, slowly but surely. and I like to see all the guys here doing awesome jobs.

wow, a crows nest would of never thought, but you'll need some armor up there a enemy will snip you from a mile away, :)

Just one little pic, i got some of the rear suspesion done,

2012drawingagain-2-4.png

before you ask the suspesion is spose to be not perfect, and that is not a exust tube, this is electic,

thanks for looking,

Looking cool !

wow, a crows nest would of never thought, but you'll need some armor up there a enemy will snip you from a mile away, :)

Just one little pic, i got some of the rear suspesion done,

2012drawingagain-2-4.png

before you ask the suspesion is spose to be not perfect, and that is not a exust tube, this is electic,

thanks for looking,

Nice work on the shocks,,did you fab them up??The rest of the build is coming along as well.

Yes, a crows nest! A great scouting vehicle to spot those TZs from a mile away.

Hey Doc,,i was thinking the same thing,,only i was going to use a bucket type of lift that contractors would use on top of vans and trucks also utilizing the crane part as a lifting devise as well.

Really like where you are headed with this one as well,,by the way,,,the Gremlin turned out fantastic by the way!!!

I will useing some of your idea's that you have posted on my builds,,i will get some pic's up soon,,,in the mock up stage right now,,this will be 1 of many i hope,, YOU HAVE INSPIRED ME,, AS WELL AS OTHERS!!!KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK GUYS!!!

024-vi.jpg

And you also have to ride and shoot in comfort, of course:

027-vi.jpg

I am still working on all the details. The crows nest is going to have some support, braces, etc . . ..

More coming tomorrow. Best, DC

EVERYONE, Harry is right, the more the merrier. This CB is open to everyone who wants to explore this kind of build and have lots of fun doing it. If you want the energy level to stay super charged, invite friends to join in and this way there will always be a constant supply of eye candy flying around.

Jim, I wish I lived near you and I would most certainly come on over and give you a hand setting up the bench, for all the practical selfish reasons, which are WE NEED TO HAVE YOU BACK ON THE BENCH BUILDING!

Best, DC

Did someone say protect the Crow's Nest?

This thing is coming along, and as you can tell from the picture an old fashioned plastic spoon came to the rescue:

001-vi.jpg

002-vi.jpg

I also wanted to capture what a great danger it would be to go up there and shoot at those pesky Zombies!

003-vi.jpg

It's a tight fit to climb in there but the seat does swivel! :lol:

Thanks, Derrick. I think it's a wild, far-fetched idea that in real life would not work, but Jamie gave me an interesting idea of either doing it telescopically, or I might be able to use a crane, cherry picker I build for another vehicle on here.

Let me see what I can cook up. Stay tuned in!

Cool beans, Rob.

Well, I went into the kits stash and could not find any cherry pickers left (I used to have 2 of those Italery truck accessories kits . . . I guess I must have used them or traded them..

I think the telescoping crows nest lift is still a possibility, although I might just shorten what I have from 20 scale feet down to about 10 or 12. That might look better, and would allow me to get it all in the pictures. Right now I can't get both elements in the shot.

Unless someone has a better idea or solution . . . thanks for the input.

The pleasure is all mine, Barry. You just keep the eye candy coming! ;)

So, as promised, here's some progress.

I build slightly differently, I do major assemblies and paint/weather as I go... so as "done" as Swamp Runner may look, he's still a little ways off from being ready for his diorama.

I used all my personal rustcoating and rust colors I've perfected so far on this one. You may recognize my Brown Rustcoat, but the other two are Swamp Rot Green and Raw Mud.

Here's Swamp Runner in progress-

SUNP3-vi.jpg

SUNP0003-vi.jpg

SUNP0001-vi.jpg

More past the break...

the cherry picker looks like its gona 'pick' off some zomibies (Sorry bad pun

the swamp runner looks great too.

thanks eveyone

vegadeth the shocks are from RB motion, look here http://www.rbmotion.com/shocks.html

they are amazing, and actualy work, on the web site he acts as you have to be a amazing modeler to build them, i kinda dissagre, building the first probly takes 20 mins becasue you have to perfect the Jig

but after that you litterly can build one in less the 5 minitues, there only one glued joint in the hole thing. try them once and you'll be hooked i already have bought a few more sets.

Ok, so here's the chassis/engine for Red Hawk.

It's a mid-range flight vehicle, think mix between flying car, shuttle, and urban combat fighter.

I scratchbuilt this from all sorts of spares and whatnot- there's really no inspiration for this particular vehicle besides my own imagination-

SUNP0008-vi.jpg

SUNP0009-vi.jpg

SUNP00010-vi.jpg

More past the break...