Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Hey Dr. Cranky, in your last video, you mentioned that the van had a warped chasis and that you fixed it. How do recognize and fix something like that?

You can sit it, it doesn't sit right. You you boil up some water, and dunk the body in there a few time, straighten it and then run it quickly over cold water. That usually does the trick.

Blazefox, it looks wonderful. Where did you get those spikes up front? Or did you make them? Also, this build looks like it would look great in a single color, or in city camo.

Also, don't take this the wrong way, but since you are new, sooner or later you are going to be asked to put your real name on your signature. Just a heads up, we don't want you getting in trouble . . . :)

Here is the start of mine,,calling this one,,what else but " VEGADETH ",,it will have grappoling hooks to catch other fueled vehicles,,after all we don't want to destroy the fuel,,lol,, it will also have flame throwers,,rockets and machine gun for the " toothless zombies "lol!!http://i109.photobuc...rk/DSCF0128.jpg

Edited by VEGADETH

Here is the start of mine,,calling this one,,what else but " VEGADETH ",,it will have grappoling hooks to catch other fueled vehicles,,after all we don't want to destroy the fuel,,lol,, it will also have flame throwers,,rockets and machine gun for the " toothless zombies "lol!!http://i109.photobuc...rk/DSCF0128.jpg

Here is the pic,,sorry about that.

DSCF0128.jpg

Use a hobby knife, new and sharp and cut them slowly over a piece of tape so they don't fly out. As if you were cutting carrots. LOL!

Remember that once they are on and if they look too big, you can sand them down.

Ditto X2

At my age I cannot see a frikkin thing anyway so I always cut them on the long side and sand to fit. I will use a popsicle stick to guage the thickness of the "bolts" while sanding. I cut it to fit, then lay it down next to the hex pieces I sand down to the stick and hope for the best!

G

Wayne, LOL, we are all getting old. The vision goes, but we have to take care of our fingers and hands!

Ya darn tootin' Virgil!

I have broken bones in my right hand five times already, and man can I feel it. I truly think model building has kept me going. It looked as if I was going to be "retired" on the last one. I had to shoot a qualifying score, otherwise it was gonna be adios.

I managed to pull it off with a better than minimum score. I credit that to my building, painting, and sculpting.

I bought some more styrene shapes today and, after work, plan to renew the build.

G