Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

He's got a long ways to go though, he's currently on his way down to the swamplands that used to be Florida :P (and it looks to me that your HHD is set maybe somewhere in the desert? maybe the Mojave?)

I'm with ya, Rob. In my world that swamp includes Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama, as well as Florida. And that desert stretches from South Dakota to Texas, N/S, and Indiana to Colorado, E/W. Sucks to be us, huh?

Doc...You were correct! I am having more fun at the bench than I have had in a long time. Think this might just get me out of my building slump. Going Hi-Tech, Will have a tracking system, moniter, Driver will Cotrol all weapons from the drivers seat. Solar panels for Electric back up power. My eyes and hands just don`t want to work together, having a tough time with weapons. Anyone have any links to where I could purchase some weapons. Or a how-to on building some. Hobby Lobby used to carry 1/35 armor but the 2 I have close by just stopped carrying much Military. Guess I will have to purchase a Military Chopper to get the weapons from. Any suggestions? Oh by the way........I`ll post progress pics when I get a break in the weather.

Edited by ronr

RON...read thru the whole posting there is lots of info on where to get guns....

DOC....hi-way to hell look'n good...

SPIKE...i want to do the ghostbuster mobile but bid went way to high on ebay should make a grt8 post ap vechile

RODNEY....look'n good...watch out i think that zombie standing by it may be look'n to steal it....lol

LUIS...that truck is gonna make a grt8 addition to the squad... B)

Doc...You were correct! I am having more fun at the bench than I have had in a long time. Think this might just get me out of my building slump. Going Hi-Tech, Will have a tracking system, moniter, Driver will Cotrol all weapons from the drivers seat. Solar panels for Electric back up power. My eyes and hands just don`t want to work together, having a tough time with weapons. Anyone have any links to where I could purchase some weapons. Or a how-to on building some. Hobby Lobby used to carry 1/35 armor but the 2 I have close by just stopped carrying much Military. Guess I will have to purchase a Military Chopper to get the weapons from. Any suggestions? Oh by the way........I`ll post progress pics when I get a break in the weather.

POP, I knew you would! The question is not when you are going to finish the first, but how many you will build this year? LOL

Great looking Plymouth Mopower.

I decided hauling extra fuel on the back of my Zombie Charger isn't the best idea and May need a scout rig.

Gonna use the same rear axle so I have spare wheels and parts.

Monogram Stepside Ford bed

F-toys Yamaha RZ 250 (may need a bigger bike)

My Resin Fuel barrels

Will also throw in a few spare tires if I run across any laying around.

Biketrailer2.jpg

TrailerandZombieCHarger.jpg

I'm with ya, Rob. In my world that swamp includes Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama, as well as Florida. And that desert stretches from South Dakota to Texas, N/S, and Indiana to Colorado, E/W. Sucks to be us, huh?

Ah, I think we'll do just fine :D

besides, the country worked back in the old west, right? It's kinda like that, just more high-tech, and maybe a little less populated....

I'm thinking of a character to drive Swamp Runner-

Based on the progress pics i posted a little bit ago that included the near-finished product, what are your suggestions, guys?

27301123.jpg

So a mystery person put these on my desk... They didn't have paint, but had tons of glue.

I'm looking at the possibilities of using these for this build.

They glued everything together, or mostly, and I'm thinking the prowler has more to work with in terms of ideas.

Any thoughts?

Hey cranky, this prowler is pretty messed up. You can have it for the diorama as a prop if you want. It would be unpainted and so forth though. I got to inspecting it and the whole front suspension is pretty gnarled (trashed).

I'm not going to build it, so you can have it. Pm me your address and I will get it mailed on Wednesday.

I'm in on this. I've got 2 builds that I'm going to play around with.

First one is this, a modified monster truck:

DSCN3689.jpg

DSCN3686.jpg

DSCN3688.jpg

The other I just started messing around with and will be a AMT '49 Merc. I don't have pictures yet of that one, but will soon once I get a few things mocked up to see how it looks.

This build is just too much fun. I've loved looking through all 40+ pages.