Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

I was behind a regular Mini Cooper out in the bush (crappy dirt roads, possibly wet, I don't recall). I was driving a Mazda R100 rotary, and I was having trouble keeping up with the thing.

Yep , I agree , probably more of a lightly armed fast recon vehicle or bait car (drive into a zombie enclave and lead them out) than a heavily armoured Zombie tank but don't discount speed and agility for effectiveness ;)

Got some more done on the Night Runner Mustang tonight. Got some paint on the body and interior, lights are mounted. Since it runs a lot at night I busted out its grille and trim and set in another set of lights. Got a Heavier bumper up front for pushing things out the way if needed. Decided to lift the front end up in case it had to run off road. Can't be runnin full speed and dig its nose into the ground lol Still gotta get the insides done and get that nasty Cammer belted out and such ..

S7302774.jpg

Yep , I agree , probably more of a lightly armed fast recon vehicle or bait car (drive into a zombie enclave and lead them out) than a heavily armoured Zombie tank but don't discount speed and agility for effectiveness ;)

Hi Ian. Fast recon is exactly what I am going for. I wanted a car that would be powerful enough to get out of a bad situation, but based on what was written by Ken and yourself, that might not be a problem with a Mini.

I was thinking this would be a good start:

10002174a.jpg

Thanks for the input.

Edited by Danny Lectro

More progress on the Zombie Cruiser. A coat of primer to get rid of the swirl paint, didn't like the looks of the lights I had on the roof so they're gone. I opened up the access hatch to create a new one more appropriate for 25th scale since this turret is actually 35th scale. I also decided to go with a little bit smaller gun on the turret as the other one, even though it looked intimidating, was too big, I think.

And I started on the front end Zombie plow made out of sheet brass. It's just in the rough stage so we'll have to see where it goes.

DSC08994-vi.jpg

DSC08995-vi.jpg

DSC08996-vi.jpg

DSC08997-vi.jpg

Got some more done on the Night Runner Mustang tonight. Got some paint on the body and interior, lights are mounted. Since it runs a lot at night I busted out its grille and trim and set in another set of lights. Got a Heavier bumper up front for pushing things out the way if needed. Decided to lift the front end up in case it had to run off road. Can't be runnin full speed and dig its nose into the ground lol Still gotta get the insides done and get that nasty Cammer belted out and such ..

S7302774.jpg

Rick, I like it, nice entry with those tires it's going to fit right in.

It's been a busy week, so posting pics of my progress was hard to do. Here's the body as it sits this morning. I chose colors that pay homage to the origin of the Apocalypse Movies, Australia. They are close approximations of the current Australian Army colors. I used Krylon Italian Olive as a base coat straight from the can. I then airbrushed MM Sand and flat black. I cut the enamel with laquer thinner and upped the psi for a "quick and dirty" spray job. Upcoming weathering will tie it all together.

DSCF3500.jpg

DSCF3501.jpg

DSCF3502.jpg

G