Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

I wouldn't mind having a few in my collection. Those really look great.

These are all curbside, if it wasn't obvious enough. The blower and headers simply glue to the hood. When I rebuilt mine for the second time, I cut a hole and recessed the blower assembly. In retrospect, I should've moved it a smidge closer to the windshield. I didn't use the headers, cause it didn't make sense how you would open the hood, it's not a drag car with a fiberglass nose, after all.

These came with a motor and the electonics to motorize them. After crashing it few times in the kitchen and breaking the lower a-arm off, I pulled the motor.

Here's a shot of the interior, I moved the seat and dash forward a bit, and added soem clutter. AFAIK, they all have the same floor/interior. The bottom of the floor resembles an armored car, and there is an escape hatch.

models039.jpg

102_1415.jpg

And here's the woman. I've never seen any otehr pictures of the figures, so I don't know if they are all the same or not.

102_1477.jpg

destroyer010.jpg

102_1409.jpg

EDIT: brainfart, The female with the Interceptor appears to be the same:

http://madmaxmodels.com/mpinterceptor.html

and for more general info on these:

http://madmaxmodels.com/madpolice.html

I sent him some more stuff, so the site shoudl be updated with more Mad Police pictures, "soon".

Edited by Zarana-X

Thanks for the information, Jason. I like the fact that they are curbside, can be built up pretty fast.

Jeff, I like your vehicle in progress and have copied some of the pictures over to the video archive.

Thanks Doc. You should really like it the next time I post.

Ok I am in with the wife. She said she will help. Lookin at a old military 10 T Mack 6x6 type chassis with rockwells and a B87 Mack with an integrated sleeper like this on the AIT site (yes I know the grille is not B87). Loaded with weapons and still lookin sharp. Designed it a while back and wanted to build it a s a model.

ck17ronplummerdemo.jpg

ck12mackb81demo.jpg

Quick look:

100_2219.jpg

Edited by ARTEMIS1759

Thank you, Neal, that's perfect information. I am going to plan to be there.

That's just an hour away from me, so I will definitely plan on being there as well. I will be bringing my Gunslinger, Cherry 2K and the Spartan just for you Doc.

Excellent build, Neal. And from the looks of the pictures (I copied some) you are clearly having a blast!

Neal brought the Z.A.V. to our F.A.S.T. club meeting this morning...guys, the pics really don't do it justice. You can't see them in the pics but that Chevy even has maps on the inside walls....how 'bout them apples? Way to go Neal.