Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Wow i hope mine turns out half as good as these you guys are posting. Kudos on the double stack Caddy and the RAZR car. And now for a few more pieces. I will post one pic each from now on. PM me if you want more. These are all up for grabs except my Mack Gun Truck I first posted.

So first off got a 1964 Chevy Crew Cab Dually 4x4 with a steel tombstone (Death Race) on the back and a Quad .50 AA gun in the box. Front bumper and winch are from a white half track.

66ChevyQuad50GunTruck.jpg

By the way "USHF" stands for United States Hell Force.

How about a Ferret with twin .50s and a full auto MK19 Grenade Launcher?

ApocFerret2.jpg

Now for you biker guys. A chopper with two rear axles and a twin .50 Turret. Also 2-5.56 mini guns on each side of the tank. I would recommend a V8 conversion for this one though.

Chopper3.jpg

And last but not least for you import guys a 1997 Supra RZ with twin Turbo and 6 speed with 4-M134 Miniguns forward and two back with a grille guard/plow similar to the Mad Max Semi and a huge armored plate on back and lots of carbon fiber.

SupraRZApoc2.jpg

Edited by ARTEMIS1759

And last but not least for you import guys a 1997 Supra RZ with twin Turbo and 6 speed with 4-M134 Miniguns forward and two back with a grille guard/plow similar to the Mad Max Semi and a huge armored plate on back and lots of carbon fiber.

SupraRZApoc2.jpg

I like this. I might have to steal some of these ideas for my Toyota Build. :D

Well, the rules state you must use a new kit, and as much as I like to break rules, I need to get crackin' on my stash of new kits. So, count me in with...

102_1505.jpg

I've had it for at about 2 1/2 years now...

I've not had mine quite that long - well, one of them anyway. The other I forget. Actually getting to building them is another matter!

FINALLY Started back on this build! here is the update:

P1050054.jpg

Thanks for looking!

That's nice and colorful!

This is my design for my next build

post-9319-0-63984200-1334470222_thumb.gi

It starts off with a 1949 Mercury, ( hence the name) and instead of being a close quarters combatent, it uses weapons like rail drivers, and the heavy auto cannon to deal devastating blows from afar. Dunno when I'll start it but some time soon

Well, the rules state you must use a new kit, and as much as I like to break rules, I need to get crackin' on my stash of new kits. So, count me in with...

102_1505.jpg

102_1506.jpg

Jason, it looks like you are going to have a lot of fun with this kit. Cool. I hope you either build it box stock or modify it.

Stealthy Spike Progress

It's been slow going, what with life and the PE parts on that Flak 38 ... but here's another update.

The Stealthy crew do lab work occasionally and need specimens. Captured zombies are kept in the back of the hummer with suitable security in place. Too bad those elegant and super useful cup holders are never going to be put to proper use.

2012-04-14_17-39-08_161.jpg

2012-04-14_17-51-20_653.jpg

2012-04-14_17-47-20_521.jpg

Flame throwers on the hood ensure that spike or overly agile zombies that avoid the spikes (not shown) see their final seconds in flames.

2012-04-14_17-48-54_497.jpg

Crew can exit the vehicle through the roof hatch and mount the Zombie Death Machine (guns not installed)

2012-04-14_17-41-08_561.jpg

All build pics at: http://photobucket.c..._stealthy_spike

Edited by kimbogum

102_1505.jpg

Good choice! They build into really awesome models from what I have seen. I like the uh ... junk in the trunk, that really works. Most people skimp on the dust and the grime IMHO; Max would not be pleased.

OK all. These renderings are up for grabs except the Mack Gun truck. This is going to be my first full custom build so this may take me a while with the help of my wife. I have to wait til next month when I got some extra cash to get the 2 cabs I need so I can start on the chassis. Plan to fab in resin quite a few of these parts since I had no reply from Saurkraut on the 6x6 rockwell axles I was looking at. AIT has most other parts I need and I am going to try my hand at resin with the wheels. I believe AIT also has the huge michelin military tires I was loooking at. So with no further adoo this is what I scavenged from the parts box: Still wondering what kind of axles Mack used to use that look like top loader rockwells? I have most parts from the Mack DM600 (?). I think that is the one. I was using it for parts to make a duck but I plan to buy that kit new now so I can use those parts. Some parts may not be used I just took whatever I thought may be useful. I got sleeper parts, car parts, pickup parts and semi and trailer parts too. :) What was the deadline again. Sorry about the great quality pics. my good camera broke and I used my cell.

0417120723.jpg

0417120721.jpg

0417120720.jpg

0417120719.jpg

0417120718.jpg

Edited by ARTEMIS1759