Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

when the outbreak first spread we weren't thinking about fighting of the zombie hordes

there were rumors of the wastelands up north being to hot for these halflings to handle

so we decided to head out there

johnnie had an old chevelle him and his boy were rebuilding into a drag car

poor johhnie, he bought us enough time to drop the 350 from the farmtruck into the chevelle (the 454 was being rebuild) but he paid for it dearly

we met a small caravan just outside of town and all headed north together

while traveling towards the desert we scavenged some parts from other vehicles and best of all, we managed to convert the 350 to run on propane, methane or any other semi combustable gas

this leaves us much less dependant on gasoline and has allowed us to keep ahead of the hordes

alas, the rumors of safety were not true

at first, they would stay away during the day but as time progressed they got more daring, or maybe desperate or maybe they just lost whatever feelings they may have had left, and they were closing in fast

at any rate, we had to get out of there

so one morning , as the sun broke above the mountains we made a break for it

the chevelle made it through and i saw a few other scatter towards the north

that was 4 days and 3 nights ago

on the evening of the 4th day we spotted lights at the horizon, like 2 strings of pearls stung out through the night

we waited untill morning and we couldnt believe what we found...survivors

and not just one or two, but a whole caravan, one we would like to join

pending general Eyegore's aproval, i give you the newest member of the caravan...galloper (named after the generals horse)

1327874783.jpg

keep in mind, this is an escape vehicle, short of some small arms we dont have much to defend ourselves, other then our speed

(would make a great scout vehicle for the caravan though)

ok time for me to write a story

Upon the first outbreak in the citys two metalhead freinds decided to make a vehical something that could get them anywere.

Steve and john looked around johns family farm. In the barn they found some scrap steel and a 1970 boss 429 mustang. It was dented and beat all tohell. They modified it for weeks untill the horde broke through the electric fence.

With the sons of birches knockin, they started up the car grabed all the guns they could and drove through the barn door. And they sped away in search of survivors.

They made it all the way to kansas in a week. There they found the tzh caravan. With aproval from Doc and Eyegore they fell inline. With the rock and metal cranked they drove where ever the cavan would take them

Wow, go away for a couple days and I miss all the fun. Everyone's builds are looking excellent. I hope I got everyones name and builds that have joined since my last post, if not, let me know next week after I post the list again. I did find my model sitting on my doorstep when I got back, so I will start getting some picks up asap. Keep up the awesome work and stories everyone.

Got some colour on Holly's Zombie outreach center's mini today , as can be seen , the body pretty rumpled . It must have had a few soft hits to the sides before being resprayed pink and the paint job is best described as looking really good on a dark night in the rain but hey , it's perfect for going out at night looking for the homeless Zombies in need of support . When they got the body from the wreckers it didn't have a bonnet so they're building something out of some sheet metal that was sitting around .

rumpled.jpg

rumpled2.jpg

Now to fit the windows with mesh and then start on the roofrack that will hold the "supplies" to help the poor unfortunate Zombies in our midst ...

I completed the interior today. The creature comforts of the original Silverado were retained, pun intended, however targeting, searching and tracking gear were installed. I visualize a time when an invasion will require a lot of civilian vehicles hap hazardly fitted with military gear.

DSCF3503.jpg

DSCF3504.jpg

Here's the screen shot of the targets.

DSCF3505.jpg

This will be mounted on the roof. It's a remotely controlled FLIR, CCTV scanner unit.

DSCF3507.jpg

G

ok , probably last update for this week , need to figure out how to make the armament now ... I'm still thinking of painting some pretty flowers on it to hide it's deadliness but have all the zombie proof mesh in . It's actually stainless steel termi-mesh (termite proof mesh that is cemented between lower courses of bricks in a house ) and looks pretty close to a tough mesh in scale form .

zombiemesh.jpg

zombiemesh2.jpg

I love the color. I was looking at spray cans today, and wished I had a reason to buy it and the purple and magenta that were next to it.... but I was there to buy mud color.

Also, the last time I wanted to add a computer to a car the only thing available was the one out of the Ghostbusters car! I made a mold and cast my own from that.

(Toothless Zombie Hunter Squad)..........just curious Doc........is it the Zombie Hunters or the Zombies that are toothless?

Does this mean I'll have to take out my falsies to hunt zombies? I don't wanna get greased because I was mistaken for a zombie!

LOL, it could work either way, but IT IS the Zombies the ones who are TOOTHLESS! HA!

Then what is the fear of them? Do you turn if they gum you? Can we distract them with teething rings? Do I need to equip my ride with lube guns that shoot Ambesol? Inquiring minds need to know! LOL

LOL, Joe, how do you think they lost their teeth in the first place? The hordes ate through everything, but the TZH SQUAD appeared on the scene to STOP them!

Edited by Dr. Cranky