Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Hey guys :) Started on a fresh build today! totaly parts box parts :D the low down on it is this..."Johnny" was on duty at the bomb silo in south Ga.when the bombs fell that day long ago.As he could do nothing to stop "his" bombs from releasing their deadly gases on the land.He saw everything as the battery backup kick in.He went mad!!As the weeks passed,he saw humans that wasn't human.And saw what was happen to the people of the cities.He realize at time what he was born to do with his life!!!So he went to the underground garage where his hotrod '69 ford was and torn it down and rebuilded it with the "stuff" the the government was trying to hide from everybody <_< "Johnny" vowed to trust no one :angry: He is a lone wolf! He does things "His Way"...but has fight beside The Zommie Hunters :) They have come to known him and his car as JOHNNY BLAZE :rolleyes:post-9355-0-60802600-1329422543_thumb.jppost-9355-0-60931800-1329422540_thumb.jp

Not quite sure what im going to do with it, but I had one of those moments wher I had glue in one hand and styrene in another and WAALLAAAA

I do that ALLLLLLL the time!

It's the only way to build sometimes. :D

EDIT:

Now that I think about it, that's how 90% of my diorama WW3 Battles Scars was built. LOL.

Edited by ZombieHunter26

My first teaser picture for my 'Bad Karma' build. Sorry it's fuzzy, crappy camera. I decided to go ahead a scratch build my cowl hood with some diamond plate & angle Iron & try to make it look like it was welded on. I also tried my hand at a 'tiger stripe' camo type design, too. Let me know what you think with what you can see.

PICT0026-1.jpg

Edited by hotrodblder

would really like to see everybody post full size pic.....

mark...under carriage came out so good as did the rest of the build..specially like the exhaust...added protection if a zombie happens to get to close...

matt...nice job on the gun and the window armor...

michael...nice camo paint job....

jerred...awesome job on the gun and cage.... B)

Lordy, I get back from work and all this amazing eye candy is here waiting for my eyes to keep on popping out. Thanks, everyone, for the amazing energy to bring to this thread.

Jason, welcome to the best model car forum on the planet, buddy. I hope you will stick around and share more of your eye candy with us.

Sam, I copied a couple of these photographs for the next UPDATE build.

A few of you with some of these blurry pictures, I am waiting for better pics. Get that model into a stronger light and put that camera on a tripod . . . trust me, you'll see the difference with the next few shots.

Keep up the great work, folks. Cheers, DC

Well, folks, I finished the SNIPER today, although I still have a few details to add, most of the build is finished. I will upload a progress video up tomorrow morning, but tonight I can share a couple of pictures of it.

It's finished because of YOU GUYS and all the inspiration and energy you are dishing out on a daily basis here. Thank you.

015-vi.jpg

010-vi.jpg

I took these pictures with my iPhone camera, but tomorrow I will shoot it with my Canon Powershot and hope for a better round of pictures.

Thank you for staying tuned in. Cheers, DC

Well, folks, I finished the SNIPER today, although I still have a few details to add, most of the build is finished. I will upload a progress video up tomorrow morning, but tonight I can share a couple of pictures of it.

It's finished because of YOU GUYS and all the inspiration and energy you are dishing out on a daily basis here. Thank you.

015-vi.jpg

010-vi.jpg

I took these pictures with my iPhone camera, but tomorrow I will shoot it with my Canon Powershot and hope for a better round of pictures.

Thank you for staying tuned in. Cheers, DC

Wow! that is wicked Doc!! i like how you added some colors to it,brings it out!!

A few of you with some of these blurry pictures, I am waiting for better pics. Get that model into a stronger light and put that camera on a tripod . . . trust me, you'll see the difference with the next few shots.

A lot of these are blurry simply because the camera is too close to the model, so simply pulling back a little would bring it into focus.

As you say,

bright light always helps - bright light = smaller aperture = better depth of field, thus better focus tolerance.

A tripod will give stability in low light conditions, preventing blur.

And then you have the smart asses like me with cameras that can focus on things actually touching the lens!

OK .. I'm stepping way out and going to start gettin gin on the fun! :) I've had a mouse cover sitting by my paint booth for years wanting to become a hot rod body .. and now I figure what we need is a

POST APOCALYPSE Hot rod!

I found an MPC Scorpian kit that I must have gotten off ebay that was built but had no paint. It has a VW Bug based chassis with an twin turbo motor that should suffice hanging out the rear. I'm just getting into the idea phase but did start fittin gthe chassis to the mouse cover. I also had a Longbow Apachie helicopter that can contribute armament and bits and pieces, but looks like I'll have to build some weapons myself. There's lots of ideas in this thread to use! :) The kit tires are nice and wide and the wheels are good for the look so they may siffice unless I come on some more aggressive ones. I love scarfing up household and garage items for a build, so this should be FUN!

MouseboxDSC_0610.jpg

mousexDSC_0612.jpg