Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

DOC , HOW TO WEATHER CHROME LIKE BUMPER? I'VE STARTED THE TZH THE FIRE TRUCK/ MONSTER TRUCK. BUT CAN SEEM TO THINK HOW TO WEATHER THE CHROME. THANK FOR YOUR HELP.

I weatherd chrome first by light sanding it with a red scotty pad. Second i used thined acrylic flat black over,the parts. Then i altered with flat tan flt black rust brown and other colors. Using the scotty pad every layer or so

Joe, thank you for the revised list, I already posted it to the first page. THANK YOU for doing this.

Wow, 115 people in the TZH SQUAD. That's a lot of eye candy.

Speaking of eye candy, Steven, I got yours and I will also copy all the new ones on this page.

Thank you all for keeping the energy up and going. Cheers, DC

Not that I am meaning to offend, but are you a Brony, Otherunicorn?

....just wondering :P

No offense taken. I would qualify as a Brony, even if I am a little old for the demographic at 48! I've been a little pony nut for decades, and by that I mean real live miniature ponies. The interest in the plastic/cartoon variety stemmed from that.

:P It's all good, we all have our interests that set us apart :D

Like me, I'm a complete and total zombie nut. I even think I enjoy zombie related stuff more than model building...

...sometimes.

On the brony subject though, have you seen some of the newer show? VERY Genndy Tartakovsky (Dexter's Lab for all you uninformed folks :P) like humor. I've been to the dark side of youtube, such stories to tell...

On the brony subject though, have you seen some of the newer show? VERY Genndy Tartakovsky (Dexter's Lab for all you uninformed folks :P) like humor. I've been to the dark side of youtube, such stories to tell...

I don't think you can be a brony without being aware of the newer show! I have the episodes, and am also quite familiar with the internet fanbase. It even has a post apocalyptic story based on the Fallout games (Fallout Equestria - google it), and yes, there are zombie ponies in it.

Update on the ApocalVette

driverneting.jpg

Got the net for to protect the driver. The so call windsheld net is from an old strainer, whit real rust on it. The side net is from a car speaker cover.

Make sure you do NOT rust the body! I made that mistake once. Vette's are fiberglass!

Edited by otherunicorn

Make sure you do NOT rust the body! I made that mistake once. Vette's are fiberglass!

Dont ya worry i know it is. Could thou make it look like an old fiberglass boat, that vould be nice.

Ps. Do anyone know what color is a Vette body before it is paint? Is it like offwhite like unpainted fiberglass?

Edited by patami