Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Thanks for all the great comments guys. I cut it with a dremel, I just cut small straight lines all the way around the circle and then went back over them at an angle. There are some rough looking spots in the blade, but that is going to come with sawing cars and large debris in half. Rob I was going to turn it 90 degrees, but my main purpose is to clear large debris out of my way do to the fact that I will probably be somewhere at the front of the convoy. I will probably make another one at 90 degrees and attach magnets to them so I can interchange them. My plans are to build one with spikes, one that is just flat for bull dozing, one at 90 degrees and one that has some kind og gun or flame thrower on the front of it.

Jerred

Awesom rig, Jerred. I agree with the horizontal saw being more effective.

For your engine, a good wash and some highlights should help bring it out. Running engines don't get that rusty.

Also, those tires are directional, they should all be facing the way the left front one is.

Edited by Zarana-X

how r u guy getting the welded look on the edge ofur panels:)

Lil bit of extra spru (or small Evergreen round rod)and a Wood burning tool (or soildering gun) with a point.

Basically, just like welding on a 1:1. :D

woodburningknife1.jpg

woodburningknife2.jpg

Edited by RodneyBad

I'm a little late on the pics, and for this I apologize- but we all know how life can catch up to ya and disrupt your personal time.

This is the first of two models I'm collaborating with my father on-

All I've done so far is tweak a few things, and give it a primer coat. It was originally painted black on the exterior and white on the interior. I also carefully removed the wheels to better paint the rims and axles.

IMG_20120308_193427-vi.jpg

IMG_20120308_193502-vi.jpg

IMG_20120308_193453-vi.jpg

More progress as it comes.