Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Here's what I'm bringing to the table

SNC00197-vi.jpg

SNC00199-vi.jpg

I know it doesn't look like much yet but I'm slow to work out the fine details. Sorry about the bright whites, for some reason I can change settings all I want with no visible effect.

And that ford on the previous page is pretty cool, especially the shotgun sticking out the side.

Edited by tsroark

Gone from the build for a while. No new update on my truck. My wife wanted in on the caravan. She got a built model off of ebay for cheap and we took it almost completely apart. She dosen't build models, but she found something she liked and wanted to go with it. So when she gets her mods done and the van back together, I'll weather them as well as another model project I'm working on. Figured I'll get them all weathered together and save time. Been keeping up on all the progress with everyones builds. Hopefully I'll have some new pics of our trucks soon.

All right, maties, the new UPDATE VIDEO is up. Those of you who didn't catch this one, will catch the next, #8.

Stay tuned in a be proud of the mighty fine work all of you are doing. You've been keeping the eye candy flying for almost 4 months now.

I have done a lot of work on my Puma ATRV recently and man is this ever frustrating. Since 90% of this will be scratch built, it becomes a case of, "Today I will built this part which goes here, but I can't actually put it on because this has to be done first, which i haven't yet built, because this other part has to be added to allow me to add the first part I"m going to build today.!?!?!?" :wacko:

:angry: Anyway, I have done some work on the body skins and the rear gun which I have decided to scratchbuild as well. The gun I had from an action figure, just looked too cumbersome. As this is a futuristic vehicle, the weapon will be a rail gun. For those not into sci-fi, a rail gun is a weapon that fires a metallic bullet electro-magnetically. Zero recoil. So it will look a lil different, with electrical gizmo's and wiring all over. After seeing the skull camo another fella had done, I'm going to follow suit and do it similarly with black, grey and white primer. It was a very original idea which I wish I'd thought of myself.

Due to recent financial cutbacks, you should see more building from me. I sure hope i have everything I need, because if I don't, after the fight I had with my wife over spending, she's gonna kill me. :(

In regards to rail guns,

If nothing else, the movement of the projo at hyper velocity down the barrel will displace a lot of air. The projo itself is incredibly light in relation to its velocity and the damage it will inflict. Recoil is manageable due to this and if I'm not mistaken muzzle brakes are recommended as a deterrent to barrel whip.

G

No recent progress on mine at the moment but I found something cool on the I-phone. It's an app. called Zombie Booth that will allow you to take a picture of anyone and convert them over to many different zombie options. This is me after a bad day at work.

DSC09689-vi.jpg

Okay the first two of several skins are complete.

This is the top engine cover.

2012-03-24192851.jpg

The rear gun mount. The gun is driven and powered by an electrical generator which is driven off the engine right at the transfer case.

2012-03-24193454.jpg

Here is the start of the rail gun and some of the electronic goodies I'm going to add for flavor.

2012-03-24193333.jpg

My son has told me this looks very boxy and I'll admit it does at this point, but I think once the Puma is up on her paws she'll look at lot better. More soon. Starting the rear side skins now.