Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How about a Fiat Barchetta?

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Painted Tamiya TS-50 Mica Blue with gloss black interior. This was a fun little quick build.

Barchetta%2014.jpg

Barchetta%2016.jpg

Barchetta%2021.jpg

Barchetta%2017.jpg

The others I'd like to get sometime.

Barchetta%2025.jpg

Posted

Never seen that one before. It kind of reminds me of the Lotus Elan.

Nice color choice....

Posted

Wow! I dig that Barchetta!! :D

Too bad Fiats got a nasty reputation for unreliablity, otherwise I'd bet that car would do quite well here.

Posted

Too bad Fiats got a nasty reputation for unreliablity, otherwise I'd bet that car would do quite well here.

They got that reputation for a reason!

Posted

Nice build, and a cool little car. I saw many of these during the 4 years I spent as a soldier stationed in Germany. I thought it would be great to bring one back, but that was never going to happen. I looked into bringing back my 1985 Mercedes 190E (that I bought for $460 in 1998). Converting it to US specs would have cost at least $5,000 in parts, with no gauruntee that it would pass emissions. For that kind of money, I could just buy a 190E in the US. Oh yeah, one other expense; shipping it home. At the time, Uncle Sam would only send a car home for free if they had brought one over for free. They wouldn't send a car across the ocean one time, but they had no problem doing it twice :roll:

Posted

nice build! bought this same kit years ago but lost interest in it and boxed it up and forgot about it, maybe need to dig it up . B)