Model Cars Magazine Forum

Its an LJ model, the ones the B model replaced. Not sure of the year. Early 50's I know. Where in the world is that!? I also noticed the old railroad engine! A GG1 from wht used to be the Pennsyvania RR. Is it just going away to the elements as well?

Its an LJ model, the ones the B model replaced. Not sure of the year. Early 50's I know. Where in the world is that!? I also noticed the old railroad engine! A GG1 from wht used to be the Pennsyvania RR. Is it just going away to the elements as well?

yes there are a few trains here like that I'll post the one I took a pic of but it's not that one

WOW!!! That's an old Pennsylvania GG-1 Electric road engine... That is a rare beast indeed! there were 140 built between 1934 and 1943 and the last one was retired in the early '80's... Most of them have been scrapped. That thing belongs in a museum!

The New Haven Railroad had a yard in my hometown when I grew up in Connecticut. I road these often when we to the the train to the city (what we called Manhattan). They were they very common in the 1960 and 70s in the North East corridor.

WOW!!! That's an old Pennsylvania GG-1 Electric road engine... That is a rare beast indeed! there were 140 built between 1934 and 1943 and the last one was retired in the early '80's... Most of them have been scrapped. That thing belongs in a museum!

there is 4 engins and a few dinning cars .if I get back out there I'll get the others.

• 1 month later...