Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lets see your Deora builds.

rustymodeler

I've seen some great wild customs done using the Deora as a starting point, but my intention was to build the most accurate Deora replica that I could manage.

I had to change quite a few things on the kit - here's the result:

DeoraLF2-vi.jpg

695Deora-vi.jpg

80Deoraright-vi.jpg

WOW.............. yeah wow ! I thought for a minute , I was looking at a phoro of hte REAL Deora . Then I realized this is FINIALLY an accurate replicia of the Butchered kit A M T handed us back in 1967. I wish Larry Alaxander were still with us today . I bet he wouldda been darn proud of what you did to honor him !!!!!!!! :D Ed Shaver

Steve! What paint did you use??

I tried a few different colors, but ended up with a House of Kolor "Solar Gold", but maybe modified a little.

I had run into Mike Alexander a few years earlier while looking at the restored Deora at the Petersen Museum and he told me that he thought the closest match to the original color was in the Hot Wheels Deora double set, so I went for that look.

WOW.............. yeah wow ! I thought for a minute , I was looking at a phoro of hte REAL Deora . Then I realized this is FINIALLY an accurate replicia of the Butchered kit A M T handed us back in 1967. I wish Larry Alaxander were still with us today . I bet he wouldda been darn proud of what you did to honor him !!!!!!!! :D Ed Shaver

Thanks for the kind words, Ed. That was in fact my intention, and an extra inspiration for me was meeting Mike Alexander while I was photographing the restored car for reference back in 2004. It was an honor to meet him - he's a fine gentleman and very patiently answered several questions I had about the Deora.

WITHMIKEA2-vi.jpg

Hi,

i also have two Deoras in my collection. But i didn't built them my self, i bought it from a modellerfriend of "my" german forum where i hang around. He was sold some modelcars out of his collection like i do from time to time.

Here we go!

First, a "stock" Deora, not painted, still plastic. Waiting for restore and i hope, go as far as Steve's perfect looking replica!

CIMG120113_001.jpg

CIMG120113_002.jpg

And a Camper Deora, painted, but can't take a look inside and get off the housing:

CIMG120113_004.jpg

CIMG120113_003.jpg

I like them both - its a realy cool custom.

That is a nice one Steve! Having seen the real one in the flesh I think you got it spot on!

Here was my build from last year replicating the Hot Wheels car...

P1010827-vi.jpg

P1010831-vi.jpg

P1010826-vi.jpg

Great Build! Question; where did you get the wheels and tires for the 1/25 Deora?