Model Cars Magazine Forum

'41 Willys Pickup Gasser circa late '60s - Finished

gasser59

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Chris and Charlie. Its encouragement from this forum that keeps me at it although I'm so busy with other things that I don't seem to get much bench time lately. Since my last post, I've wired up the plug wires and put a initial coat of primer on the Fiat. Stay tuned as I'll get this done.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the feedback and comments.

The camera is a Canon PowerShot SD800 IS and by utilizing the macro feature I can make a postage stamp fill the whole frame and still be in focus. I love this camera.

I have a whole lot of work for this to be finished for Desert Scale Classic next month and it will be a tight one to get it done along with my Fiat altered painted and decaled.

The fuel line connections are the smallest threaded nuts from Scale Hardware, number THRN-05-N. They work quite well for this but are a bear to keep in the tweezers. I loose as many as I use.

Stay tuned as I get back to the bench on this and thanks for following along.

It took me awhile to learn to order twice as many as I think I'll need due to loosing them across the room.

Plug wires and magneto are finally wired up. I shot some dull coat on the blower and the plumbing lines as they were too shiny to represent rubber.

BTW - I use alot of different colors of wire from the local Orvis store that is intended for tying flies for fyfishing, which is another of my hobbies. There are so many choices in thickness and colors to choose from so if any of you are near an Orvis store, check them out. You can also order online at orvis.com. Other flyfishing specialty stores will have similar stuff as well.

Hemi1.jpg

man Brad I am so glad to hear I am not the only one who loses things out of my tweezers!! LOL gettin tired of crawling around looking for it??

Same here it got so bad at one time I had the wife crawling around looking for tiny parts that tend to disapear. I think gremlins run out and grab parts when they hit the floor because somethings hit the floor never to be found again. :huh:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Dave Ambrose changed the title to Willys Pickhttp://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/52262-willys-pickup-circa-late-60s-finally-some-paint-pics-1226/up circa late '60s - Finally Some Paint Pics 12/26