Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Compuware 2003 Corvette CR-5

I,ll just go ahead and post the parts trees. They're nicely done, and not very much flash on these parts. The floor pan has a bunch of sink marks, but thats not a problem.

DSCI0050.jpg

DSCI0051.jpg

DSCI0052.jpg

DSCI0053.jpg

DSCI0054.jpg

DSCI0055.jpg

DSCI0056.jpg

DSCI0057.jpg

What can Is ay about the clear plastic...mine doenst have a single scratch or blemish on them!

DSCI0058.jpg

The tires are are very soft rubber, nicely done I think

DSCI0059.jpg

Edited by Evil Appetite

Is this a new kit on the market?

It's a reissue but new decals. I was a little disappointed that the kit was unchanged from the last issue and the body is incorrect for the version shown on the box. I thought for sure that when RM announced the kit they would update the body as the C6-R has replaced this C5-R. I love road race cars.....even produced some kits myself.....so I was happy to see a 'new' road race kit come to market........but a new box and decals is a little disappointing.

The reason they used the older C5R kit is that is the body that that this particular decal version had in '03 at Lemans, before GM updated the car to the C6R. The only problem I have with it is that they only choose to do the decals for the # 50 car and not include the #'s 53 on the sheet, which was the team car for the Lemans race.

Edited by ffreak

does the finished model sit as close to the ground (scale wise) as that photo on the box? or would one have to modify it to get it to sit that low?

i have a flintstone cadillac XLR that i am thinking about trying to put over something like this and i would like to have to mess with the chassis as little as possible beyond just fitting the body, and i would want it to hug the ground.

does the finished model sit as close to the ground (scale wise) as that photo on the box? or would one have to modify it to get it to sit that low?

I may put my other projects aside this week and put it together. For a Skill level 3 it really doesnt look too bad. I think maybe it should have received a 2 instead. I'll know by they end of the week. It'll be a first but I'll post pics for you guys when it's done.

I understand a C5-R is correct for these decals.....but had hoped they updated the body some like they have been doing with some of their kits of late. Still a decent kit but only a new set of decals and a box top. :(

Care to do a #53 decal set for this car, Dave?

#53 Corvette C5-R driven by Ron Fellows, Johnny O’Connell and Franck Freon.

Needs a RED windshield/visor

• 1 year later...