Model Cars Magazine Forum

1992 Mustang LX Coupe , A parts box resurrection ... ( Or... Frankenstang!)

Abell82

Naw, They are not resale quality. I don't have or use a pressure tank. I just cast for fun, for myself. ( Lot's of air bubbles)

The mirrors are stock 1993 Cobra kit mirrors ( or 88 GT AMT ) , and the Taillights were made for a Revellogram 'vert which are taller then Cobra's.

They can be filed down, though if needed. But, for some reason they keep coming out twice as thick as I want them to be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not finding much time to work on this, lately. I did manage to sneak in an hour or two the other day and refine some of the chassis...

100_3719.jpg

Added a bit to the rear and a little definition to the middle. A minor accident caused the the front subframe to snap off. But everything is back in place, now.

I really like how the chassis has turned out. I think it should give the car a strong foundation. It just needs a few more details. I am toying with the idea of removing the molded in K frame and sway bar.

Not too sure...

Edited by Abell82

Your resin may have water in it. This happens after it has been open for some time. I'm a very sloppy caster (but I really enjoy it), but when my CR-300 (MicroMart) is fresh, bubbles aren't a problem. One small trick: squeeze as much air from the resin bottles before recapping. Oh, and swirl the bottle to mix, don't shake (007 lurking about somewhere). I'm just about to cast a copy of the chassis from the Fox convert for a Mustang II custom build.

BTW, nice work.

• 4 weeks later...

"I decided the engine should be a 6 speed..."

So, how many cylinders does the transmission have? ;)

Message editted ...Oh and ah by the way... :P once again!! :lol:

Haven't had much time lately to work on this. It's inventory time and I have been putting in many hours at work.

Also, having a bit of trouble deciding how wild to go with the build.

Edited by Abell82

• 1 month later...

Since, Revell has finally announced that they will be producing a New 1/25th scale Mustang Coupe.

I guess that I don't need to worry about how bad I mess this one up, as I'll be able to build several more,

in the future. (Assuming the Mayans are wrong of course :P )

So I will be blowing the dust off this one and working on it when I can, to try and get it done before the new coupes come out so I can build it's "Little Brother".

Since there will be so many other coupes soon I am thinking this one will need something to help it stand out in a crowd other then it's sheer size (1/24th instead of 1/25th) and glaring inaccuracies! (LOL!)

Thoughts or ideas?

Anyhow...

Thought about the engine a little more. I'll be using a 6 pack intake, to go with the 6 speed transmission...

100_3729_zpsa08da1f2.jpg

100_3727_zpsd87375b0.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I am not sure what kit the high rise came from? (The Revell 1969 Shelby maybe?) It was in a box of parts acquired off that e-auction site.

I ground it down, and added some sheet styrene so that I could have a base for the dual (custom made ) superchargers.

• 2 months later...