Model Cars Magazine Forum

1930 Blower Bently

John Teresi

A true Museum Piece John....

Indeed! ... In the case of your kit-based projects, what impresses me is how you always find a way to fully exploit the raw material you are given. The scale and textures of the details appear virtually flawless and are perfectly integrated into the spirit of the subject. This is the essence of modeling done at this level. As always, thank you for sharing this with us.

Edited by Bernard Kron

Is the problem simply that the muffler is installed incorrectly on the model by say 90 degrees? Maybe not too tough of a fix?

Not sure, but it clearly doesn't match the reference or photos of the real car...

In all the photos I have where you can clearly see the muffler, it's attached like John has it (oriented vertically instead of the usual horizontal)... but it's much higher up.

there is some technical term that defines that no part of a car or trucks undercarriage should be able to contact the ground in the case that the tires were to go flat. Harry's reference pic shows this actually pretty clearly if you look at it, nothing is below a certain "line" that seems to be even with the bottom of the wheel "rims"

I think the term you're looking for is "scrub line." In addition to being a practical consideration it's also an aesthetic one.

That did happen. Same deal on early IFS cars when the owner got a bit overzealous and lowered the front too much- a tire would fail and the lower crossmember would catch the ground. I think we can all picture what would happen next. :blink: I wasn't around back then myself, but my grandfather and great uncle have a few stories about stuff like that happening.

This is incredible build, as always. That paint on the body looks very realistic, and detail all over is spectacular. Very nice interior too, and now when you raised that muffler, it looks even better. Thanks for sharing this build with us.