Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished: Galaxie Limited 47 Chevy Sedan Delivery

Billy Kingsley

This is, perhaps, my best effort ever. Finished earlier today, this is my build of the Galaxie Limited 1947 Sedan Delivery. It's a mild custom, although the kit is entirely box stock. The paint is MML Phoenican Yellow and Bright Platinum Metallic (a Ford and Plymouth color on a Chevy, LOL) covered by a coat of MML clear.

This is really a great part, and I have plans for at least one more Sedan Delivery and one Aerosedan. I can't afford them currently, but I will soon. I plan to make the second Sedan Delivery a phantom El Camino like hauler...Yes, I'm going to attempt a major body conversion!!

I will fix the two problems with this kit when I do that: The hood is not long enough (I suspect that is due to being made primarily for the Aerosedan, the rest of the kit is too high quality to have a mistake like that, and also the exhaust pipe doesn't quite reach the part it's supposed to (manifold? I know NOTHING about engines!) but that will be a very simple scratchbuilding as it's just a straight pipe.

Other then that, this is one of the most well made kits I have ever built.

It's also the 200th model I have ever built...All since November 7th, 1999. That's a lot of building! (18th completion of 2006)

Anyway, enjoy the pictures. There are a bunch of them, and I am not going to post them all. You'll have to visit the album to see them!

Also, remember there are no lines on the hood. I masked that completly by eye, and I would say it came out pretty good!

2006May29th057-vi.jpg

2006May29th063-vi.jpg

2006May29th065-vi.jpg

2006May29th066-vi.jpg

2006May29th069-vi.jpg

2006May29th070-vi.jpg

2006May29th072-vi.jpg

2006May29th074-vi.jpg

I love this shot. You can see the camera reflecting in the wheel, and it shows the wheel detail nicely too!

2006May29th075-vi.jpg

2006May29th077-vi.jpg

http://public.fotki.com/ElCaminoBilly/indi...ysedandelivery/