Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jimmy Flintstone quality?

I've been taking a look through his stuff and wow...everything he's done looks incredible! Not to mention that there are many of his 1/25 bodies I'm interested in that go for the low price of $12!!

Whats the quality of his product? Does he deliver promptly?

Concidering the horror stories I've read here about other 'businesses', I should probably ask before I lay down my money for a bunch of his resin!

Jimmy Flintstone products are high quality. I have three of his bodies and all are nice. They have flash to clean and are a little thick in places but have little to no bubbles or major blemishes. You can buy his bodies just about anywhere, so delivery time is never an issue. Megahobby has some of his bodies for $9.95.

• I never bought right from him persay, I got my caddy from model empire, fast delivery, as for craftsmanship, well it was supposed to be curbside, the hood was 5/16th " inch thick. in some places, and that was after a good fight with the dremel, the rest of the car was fine very few, if any pinholes. i have had to reshape the 59 frame to fit as thats what it was, sorta, some of his cars already have a mild chop look to them, i have a 56 ford pannel delivery from him, and it's as thick as a brick, clean up is easy, just take your time...

Edited by GOTH KUSTOMS

As I mentioned in your other topic, the A-series van body I got had crooked door panel gap lines, and they couldn't be fixed be rescribing. I bought it from eBay seller "stiffkitty" and picked it up in person as he is local. I see that seller lists a lot of JF's products, so I don't know if he sells second quality merchandise or if what I got was as good as it gets.

I've seen JF's stuff in person many times, and it's a good starting point, but is not up to Modelhaus' "darn near ready to use out of the package" quality IMHO.

yea

As I mentioned in your other topic, the A-series van body I got had crooked door panel gap lines, and they couldn't be fixed be rescribing. I bought it from eBay seller "stiffkitty" and picked it up in person as he is local. I see that seller lists a lot of JF's products, so I don't know if he sells second quality merchandise or if what I got was as good as it gets.

I've seen JF's stuff in person many times, and it's a good starting point, but is not up to Modelhaus' "darn near ready to use out of the package" quality IMHO.

I kinda have to agree here with Casey on a few points, one of them being when I opend the doors, I found the drivers door was about an 1/8th " inch longer then the pass door, or i should say the scribe line for the door, ummmmmm the rear panel for the tail lights had a bubble, right at the edge, it would be noticable if I used it, but im not going to becouse of that. but I will say this, as soon as i can get glass for this Caddy, becouse he dont tell you what rood he used on it, it has been an over all joy to work with, be absolutly sure you wash your build in westlys bleach white,and a good dish soap, I use Dawn, before you primer it, i didnt scrub a spot, and guess what, went to fine sand, and bingo bob poped up said you aint sticking here, so scrub that puppy good, and let us know what you get, and how it goes for you....

Edited by GOTH KUSTOMS

I always look forward to buying his stuff at the NNL East! Youu can't beat the price. Just know you get what you pay for. Most bodies are one piece... no separate hoods, no chrome plated bumpers. In fact, no chrome at all. Scribe lines are iffy.

Don't matter to me. I have a chopped '37 Ford pu cab on the bench now. Needs some work, but for $10 who cares?! :)

Comparing Jimmy's work to what he passed off as work ten years ago isn't exactly fair . I remember the Resin Blobs that he an Testors had as HSO deals , Frankenstude, and a Chevrolet Astro van among the offerings . I would say what I've bought with the exception of a Batman / Futura have been pretty decent pieces . I wish he would have included a few minor missing details on his 55-57 Chevrolet Surburbans / panel deliveries though . Ed Shaver

To say Jimmy's models are HIGH quality is a BIT of a stretch there. I met Jimmy MANY times an have bought a few of his castings, and they ALL needed a BIT of work. NONE of his stuff is up to DRAG or Modelhaus quality, but like was said, for the PRICE, you can't do any better! He IS a nice guy and sells his stuff at shows for almost give away prices.I've NEVER paid more than 10 bucks at a show for one of his bodys.Good guy to deal with. :D:);)

With Jimmy, you get what you pay for.

His $10 resin bodies are good, some are great, but his higher priced ones are better.

Plus, he's a great guy, Jairus and I went to his house/shop, and we had a blast!

One of our more fond memories of the people in this hobby.

I would not hesitate to spend money on Jimmy Flintstone resin bodies and kits.

I've just got his 49 Ford chopped top and 34 Ford coupe tracknose and both are very nice castings. With a bit of cleanup of flash they are all but good to go.

No pinholes in either and both are free of any twist or warpage. Panel lines are all nice and straight but could do with a little deepening in places.

Both of these exceed my expectations and I think were great value.