Posting photos to the forum

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Here is a quick video to show how to post a photo to the forum.

Here's the tutorial for posting photos using Photobucket:

Posted (edited)

I think this topic needs an update as the new forum layout is different from the one in the tutorial and doesn't work in the same way.
The image icon isn't there on this one and the insert other media feature doesn't seem to work...I have tried several times but can't get it to work.

Edited by Force

Posted

I know, I switched over to Chrome, which was a definite improvement, but still can't load from Photobucket. 

Posted

I was all pumped up to show photos of my latest project. I haven't posted here in months and now can't upload pics. Looking at the other two posts here, maybe it's not just me? There used to be an "image" button up here but gone now... I was trying to upload from mynetimages.com. The "insert other media" button below didn't work.

Is there a new way to do this, or is it just not working yet?

Thanks.

Posted (edited)

The only way I have been able to post pictures is to use the file attachment feature down to the left when you write the message, but that feature is very limited on file size and how many pictures you can store, and you upload the files directly from your computer to the forum.
I have succeded to hotlink a picture from my Photobucket account,  I used one of the provided read made links but I don't recall wich one.

The forum format before the one we have now was a lot easier to work with.

Edited by Force

Posted (edited)

Try this ..... type your message....your story of your car,.... have photobucket standing by...,

Leaving spaces for your pictures ,...that you've got in photobucket(pb),...which you can check by flippin'the page....

Now when you want to add a pic...click on it, in pb, a menu comes down on the right side      email [                         ]

and so on

IMG [                         ]

Left Click on IMG...it turns yellow for a bit,...don't do anything,...come back here to your story,...RIGHT Click where you want the pic..hit paste

You're done Try it...

.....It has always worked for me

Edited by Belugawrx

Posted (edited)

try this

URL]004_zps51ef3b1d.jpg

Edited by 64SS350

Posted

Well I couldn't 'Paste' directly onto message, but it did paste into URL box, I know I've tried that before with no luck.

HMMMM, guess I'll try again for next time. THX

Posted

I don't use Photobucket, I use Fotki and Facebook.  Haven't had much success posting links from Fotki.  All I know is external photo linking worked consistently w/ Fotki and the old software, not so much w/ this software. 

Posted

Hi dont know if this helps I use firefox and I have windows 7. All I do is write my message and have photobucket open in another window, select the pic right click and choose view image and then copy and paste it under my message. After I paste the image I click enter so its ready for the next image can be posted under the previous one. Hope this helps

Posted

Your tool bar is insane! LOL 

insane tool bar.PNG

Posted

How do you get a photo in your avatar?

Posted

How do you get a photo in your avatar?

click on your avatar, click on the source you want to use, pick your photo and hit enter.

hope I got this right for you.

Posted

I am fed up with the whole thing. Its time they update so that you can upload directly from your photo library just like facebook. You have to be an expert on coding to able to upload onto the forum. Its easier to build a website then it is to upload onto the forum these days. Its time for a new tutorial !

Posted

I host my photos on Fotki, I'd like to just be able to post links to them and have them render correctly like on other sites.  Between the photo problems and the quoting issues, this 'new' site isn't improved..very buggy.