[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 
Gregg

Posting photos to the forum

I didn't have any trouble. Are you exceeding the maximum size (mine is listed as 47.35MB)?

By maximum size, do you mean the size of an individual photo or is there a total amount of photos that you can post? If so what is it and were can you get the information on how much you have posted? 

By maximum size, do you mean the size of an individual photo or is there a total amount of photos that you can post? If so what is it and were can you get the information on how much you have posted? 

We removed any quotas for photos a while back. This host gives us unlimited disk space, so we're using it. There aren't any limits on the size of photos either. That said, I don't think the forum software likes spaces in the file names. That problem might be fixed, but I haven't verified it. I do recommend only posting photos without spaces in their file names, and they should be jpg files. 

second try....no need for host ?

No need for a host. You can upload directly to the forum.

Okay, I've been posting pics direct to the forum and getting comfortable with it. Now, suppose I want to post a pic that I've already uploaded in another thread. Where do I find "my" library of uploaded pictures, or do I need to just upload it again? (Just trying to save you some 1s and 0s here.)

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

Okay, I've been posting pics direct to the forum and getting comfortable with it. Now, suppose I want to post a pic that I've already uploaded in another thread. Where do I find "my" library of uploaded pictures, or do I need to just upload it again? (Just trying to save you some 1s and 0s here.)

On the top right, click the "Down" arrow beside your name.  From the flyout menu, select "My Attachments."  You'll see all your posted pics in chronological order.

Hi

having trouble for the first time posting a photo from my iPad library. I believe that this is the first time I have attempted to do this since the upgrde to the Forum. In the past I've clicked on the paperclip "Click to choose files" and a window appears with the images and I choose which one I want to use. It still does that, yet as it finishes uploading another window appears saying a problem has occured, unable to load.

Am I missing something? It's frustrating as it has worked seamlessly before and I don't use any of the services such as Fokti etc.

Misha

Several members have had that problem. We are trying to figure out why it happens. The only suggestions I have are to restart the site, restart your device and try again. For most folks it eventually clears up (at least temporarily) and allows them to upload their photos.

I can't seem to upload photo's.  It let me post one the other day and I have not been able to post anything since.  A window pops up that say there was a problem.

4 hours ago, vintagercr said:

I can't seem to upload photo's.  It let me post one the other day and I have not been able to post anything since.  A window pops up that say there was a problem.

If you can, please take a screenshot of the error and send a message to Dave Ambrose. The only advise i can give is to restart the site and/or your device.

This doesn’t work for me either. I’ve tried it on my Mac at home and on my phone. 

1 hour ago, Slomoslam said:

This doesn’t work for me either. I’ve tried it on my Mac at home and on my phone. 

Does it happen in all forum sections, or only one or more specific sections?

Okay I might have an answer for those of us who are struggling with this. I have an iPhone, not bragging, but my camera is set  on the “live” setting. I took a screen shot of one of my live photos and it seems to have worked. ?? 

9076697C-50C5-4881-9537-E2C3832B07ED.jpeg