Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Resilient Resins bodies?

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I have seen these advertised but I have never seen an actual body. Can anyone tell me about the quality and accuracy? I am interested in getting the Chaparral 1, Thanks...

Posted · Report post

I am currently working on one as a model. The Ferrari 850 Monza. The resin seems to be a good "alloy" for a slot car, but a significant amount of prep was needed on the body I am working on before it could be painted, but I also am adding lights and an opening hood. Here is a link to the thread (within this site) of what I've done to it so far.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5680

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the info. I have seen some of your Monza photos and it looks very good. The Chaparral 1 is the only one missing from my collection of Chaparral CanAm cars, so I think I will have to order it.

Posted · Report post

Just checked out their site and those bodies look great. Even if they need some cleanup it will probably be a lot less work than I have to do to convert old 1/32 shelf model kits. This will probably inspire me to build some new cars!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Here's one of my Resilient Resin bodies- perhaps the only 1/24th 1954 Mercedes Benz W-196 Stromline in production. This slot car is raced at Pelican Park Speedway, Eugene, OR in its Monza class.

54W196_3.jpg

54MBZstromlinerear.jpg

(My Resilient Resin 1956 Lancia-Ferrari D-50 and my Resilient Resin Maserati 250F)

56RRD50250_2.jpg

50sMonzaspits.jpg

Edited by n9949y

Posted (edited) · Report post

That looks great and so does the track. Is that your home track or a club track?

...Doh! I just realized you said you raced it at Pelican Park. I knew the track looked really nice!

Edited by mr moto