Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th KW K-100 Sorry no more pics......

• 1 month later...

Sweet!! I'll be there too, can't wait to see this... nice work you have done on this

WOW!! It's been a while since I posted to this thread!! williamchevelleman1972 is already off and running with his 1/16 K-100C and trailer build and it's looking real good !!! I don't know who will finish 1st,But they are both gonna look great !!! And James...Look for me at the NNL show(I will be a vendor)... I will post some more progress pics tomorrow afternoon!! Roy

• 2 weeks later...

Hey you need a 1/16 scale monkey to build too lol

LOL!!! Then I would have to clean up after him!! Seriously, I haven't committed to the Bj and the Bear paint scheme yet, Because I already have a very nice 1/25th scale Bj truck and trailer. And a 1/16th scale 40' trailer is a big "IF"...'cause I ain't got one!! Time will tell!! Roy

I saw those at a LHS some months ago. I'm wondering if they can be noticed once the primer and paints is on.

This truck is a learning curve project...I learned that the closer you trim the decal film to the rivets, The more realistic they will look!! The rivets show thru fine in the paint, but the excess decal film, If not trimmed very close can be seen!! But on big rigs, overlaps in the skin are not smooth or perfect where rivets are used. I will post a few pics of the cab with paint on it so you can see the rivets... Roy

• 2 weeks later...

roy you said if not trimmed close you can see the film well for those decals the make the stuff that you brush on to remove the film from the rivets its called decal solvent you brush it on the rivets and let it sit then it so called eats the clear film off the rivets were the only thing on the model is the rivets not the film.

sorry the picture came out sideways.

http://trck001-1.jpg

Edited by jay1968

roy you said if not trimmed close you can see the film well for those decals the make the stuff that you brush on to remove the film from the rivets its called decal solvent you brush it on the rivets and let it sit then it so called eats the clear film off the rivets were the only thing on the model is the rivets not the film.

sorry the picture came out sideways.

http://trck001-1.jpg

decal set liquids do not eat the carrier film away, they make the film pull down tighter. the rivets are applied to the carrier film.....if decal liquid ate the film then the rivets would just drop off. :) :)