Model Cars Magazine Forum

Friday 13th & A 3-DAY WEEKEND BUILD!

Dr. Cranky

All right, I've had it. The year has started and I have yet to get something going. NO MORE. I am challenging myself and putting it out for any one else who might be crazy enough to join Doctor Cranky and EYEGORE on a 3-DAY WEEKEND build.

That's right, you heard right, we are going to build a car in the Lab-RAT-ory THIS WEEKEND. The deadline is Midnight Monday!

Saturday = cleaning up and primering the parts

Sunday = Painting

Monday = Assembling and detailing.

Can we do it? There's only one way to find out.

I got the Gremlin kit and I am building it by Monday.

Working through the night is allowed. LOL!

002-vi.jpg

For anyone out there who thinks I am crazy, well, think again. THIS IS CRAZY, but what would you expect on a Friday the 13th over a long weekend.

We'll find out who survives come Monday night.

Oh, and please post all your progress here. I'm going to try my best to keep track of the build via photographs. I got my table top photo studio all clean and ready to go.

Josh, in all honesty, neither could I. If I survive this one, then I will be ready for the 24 HOUR build coming up!

LOL, and if I survive that, then I'll do just fine for the Post Apocalypse build which is a year-long CB.

Wouldn't it be interesting to find out if you can in fact build a car in 24 hours, or 72. It might just change the way you build, for good or bad. It's an experiment. The kind we love here in the Lab-RAT-ory!

Why the Gremlin? Oh man, I just got it and think it is so cool. I haven't seen a Gremlin since I rode in one in 1977. Plus it's a cool kit with not too many parts.

Check out the one Dave Van is building here:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=51456&pid=597524&st=100&#entry597524

LOL, Ira, are you showing off? HA. if you finish those three, that would be so much eye candy our eyes might just pop out.

Now you did it Dr.!

I started another one....2 Trans-Um Tirebirds...will be turned into one Futuristic Cartoon Car.