Model Cars Magazine Forum

Friday 13th & A 3-DAY WEEKEND BUILD!

Dr. Cranky

Well that's a wrap.

I will spend a little more time on this build cleaning things up a little and polishing but I am happy with what I have now.

DSCN0634.jpg

DSCN0638.jpg

This was a lot of fun. I guess at the end of the day I prefer to take a little more time to complete a build. I like to let the paint cure fully before I start working with the painted parts of the kit.

Thanks Dr. Cranky for getting this going.

Rob

yeah!!! just in the nick of time!!! :o its 11:45 cali time, talk abut under the gun :lol:

heres how mine sat this morning

ofy9tv.jpg

well after running errands all day, i came back and went to town on it.

i just finished it here you go

n6yi39.jpg

2ltn3ig.jpg

2vuepw3.jpg

opwvfq.jpg

33za24g.jpg

mk7se8.jpg

well get better pics tomorrow in the sun :D

this was a great build off. nice job everyone!!! hope we can do it again soon!! B)

Edited by ROB213

Once you do a 3-Day build you begin to wonder how truly crazy are those folks who do the 24 hour build! :lol:

I was crazy enough to sign-up to do the 24 hour build as well.

Doing a 3 day build was tough. I think I will have to have a stradegy in place for the 24 hour build.

I guess I have failed also. My downfall was getting a little too ambicious about my build. I also ran into a series of problems. I found out really late in the build that I have forgotten to paint a couple of parts and also once I fit everything together I found out that the steering was not going to work and there is quite abit more now that will need scratch building.

Either way, I am glad I did this as it was great fun and inspirational.

Congrats to everyone who participated and especially to the ones who managed to finish in time.

Here is where it ended last night.

dsc0613i.jpg

I have all the interior done and made templates for the glass, but what really held me back are the changes that need to be made to the chassis.

Also, I know it is a longshot, but lets see if I can get some help. It is about where the idea for this model came from. At the Heartland Nationals last year I saw a guy with a white Tshirt that had pretty much this exact same car on the back of it. The minute I saw his back infront of me with the Vicky on it, I thought that I want to build a model like it. I don't remember if it was red or orange, so this is why I painted it Tamiya bright red, which is inbetween the two. I build the model entirely by memory of that Tshirt. It would be really cool if its owner comes on here and maybe can share a picture of the Tshirt, so I can see how close I am to the original.

Here is where it ended last night.

dsc0613i.jpg

I have all the interior done and made templates for the glass, but what really held me back are the changes that need to be made to the chassis.

Also, I know it is a longshot, but lets see if I can get some help. It is about where the idea for this model came from. At the Heartland Nationals last year I saw a guy with a white Tshirt that had pretty much this exact same car on the back of it. The minute I saw his back infront of me with the Vicky on it, I thought that I want to build a model like it. I don't remember if it was red or orange, so this is why I painted it Tamiya bright red, which is inbetween the two. I build the model entirely by memory of that Tshirt. It would be really cool if its owner comes on here and maybe can share a picture of the Tshirt, so I can see how close I am to the original.

Michael......your build is AWSEOME man......you will still be able to finish and put her in the "Underglass" section.......Very cool 3 day build Dr........some very nice looking models.

Thanks, John, I am not surprised that so many builders joined the build and created such wonderful models. This forum is just THAT kind of place. The talent and energy here can fuel the next space shuttle flight.

Well, if there would ever be another Space Shuttle flight, which there won't . . . EVER!

Well, I'll tell you... Vertigo is a severe P.I.T.A.! I salvaged the paintjob on the body on Sunday Eve... It turned out better than I thought it would. At least I didn't have to strip it and start over. Once or twice a month, I have a bout with vertigo that last a day or two... yesterday was one of those days so I was unable to bring this build to completion. If I can't open my eyes without the room spinning and me wanting to barf I can't do much.... This is where we ended up and I plan on finishing it up in the next day or two...

1zyhipv.jpg

sqgtqv.jpg

Virgil! I do want to thank you for getting my creativity flowing again. This Comm. Build was the shot in the arm I needed! Even though I didn't finish this one in the allotted time, this is still a victory of sorts for me because I got more done in two days than I usually got done in a month, last year... I hope to keep doing that and turn out numerous builds this year. Lord knows that my stash needs pared down and that is the only way I can see me doing it!

Michael, I love the looks of that '32. Is there any brighter red out there? lol! I like the looks of that 429 SCJ between those framerails... Looks mean!

Edited by Wagoneer81