Model Cars Magazine Forum

Buckeye Scale Auto Club's 2nd annual show

59 Impala

Cant wait for this show was it was great last year with alot of great models and people there,I will be in the swap area with boxes full of parts and pieces and a bunch of cheep buildsl just watch out for the me in the dodge hemi shirt good deals to be had.

We'll be lookin fer ya Dan. By the way, do you have any Jo-han 70 GTX or Road Runner parts cheap? I have two bodies that need parts. If not, that's Ok. We should have a great time again this year fer sure. :) Dan

P.S. By the way, I like yer name. :lol:

Hey Tom! Great to hear the Cleveland guys are coming down for the show. We always enjoy your company and your awsome builds! Make sure you stop by and say Hi! Dan (mopar1), you'll figure out who I am pretty quick. BTW, we heard the local newspaper is going to cover our event also. Maybe the tv news will stop by, we could be famous!

We have a couple of tables left on a first come first served basis at $30 a shot. This is a limited deal and there are no guarantees, we will try to make space if we can. We decided to do this because we had a lot of calls from people wanting tables at the last minute.

The Buckeye Classic was another success! Thanks for all of you who showed up to compete, sell, and buy. The competition was fierce! Club members mentioned several times that they didn't want to have to judge the extremely high quality of models on the tables. I can tell you models that would have been 1st place or best of show at most other places were either mid pack or 2nds and 3rds. Great stuff, I'll post photos later.

It was my first time there, as a vendor or any reguard, lots of great people to talk and deal with. Had a good time and enjoyed seeing all the great builds, now I need to sharpen my skills! Appreciated the convenience of the loading dock right by the event room.

Thanks for a fun and well organized event!

Great pics Ron could not make it .Looks and sounds like another great show you guys put together great job.Just curious who got the best paint award?

Steve Goldman with his 68 Firebird! Man, what a tough pick! I had several in my sights and his paint was just flawless.

We picked the theme for next year's show: Cars that didn't out last their payments! That's right, pull out those 70's & 80's kits and build 'em up. Exploding Pintos, Novas you could see the whole side of the car while it went down the road because it was dog-tracking so bad, Chrysler products that started rusting on the dealer's lot, those Buick Regals, Chevy Monte Carlos, Olds Cutlass', and Pontiac Gran Prix that the bumpers rusted off after you made the first payment, any AMC, the Granda/Monarch debacle of a car, the Caddy that "zigs" the Cimmeron (read Cavailer), or any of Detroit's sub par attempts at carmaking during the dark ages of the automobile. So build 'em up and have fun with it! I'll have a date as soon as we get it confirmed. See you next March!