Model Cars Magazine Forum

BMW Dixi/Austin Seven Hot Rod!

jbwelda

hi folks maybe some of you have followed this build on the workbench forum, well its done and here some final photos! be sure to come see it and its companion at the NNL West coming up in early February, and be sure to tap me on the shoulder and introduce yourself if you get a chance!

for those who dont know this kit, heres what it started from:

boxandcar.jpg

but it didnt stay looking that way for long!

meanfromfrontright.jpg

nicerightrear2.jpg

nicerightprofile.jpg

niceleftrear.jpg

niceleftfrontnoflash.jpg

rightrearflash.jpg

comments questions criticisms always carefully considered and cheerfully replied to!

Very nice job with it. Can't believe, that Austin Seven can be turned into Really nice Hot Rod. But this proves, that it's possible. Great paintjob, wheel and tire choice is perfect. Engine detailing is incredible too. I'd like to see a picture of the older version too, like two Austin Seven Hot Rods side by side... Is it possible? ;)

thanks for all the comments!

heres a few more shots by public demand!

a pair of rods on the shelf:

46452569.jpg

51382400.jpg

and a few closeups of the finished engine. this was a tamiya lotus europa twin cam, which of course was a transverse midships mounted motor (edit: i am not at all sure the motor was mounted transversely in an Europa, now that i think of it!), with a transaxle. stuff had to be moved around and a straight line transmission adapted. turned out looking pretty nice in this context:

rightsidefromabove.jpg

leftsidefromabove.jpg

carbsfromabove.jpg

thanks again for looking and comments welcome!

Edited by jbwelda

hmmm...the pinstriping, yeah thats a problem...i had a decal sheet with it on it but i dont recall what kit it came out of. the white version is on the red car and the black version is on the yellow car. and if you look closely you will notice the feet got folded over each other but i kinda liked it like that so i left it instead of straightening it back out. maybe someone will chime in with where that decal came from...i am thinking its one of revells recent 32 fords?

robert, feel free to post a pic here of your stock version, i would like to see it!