Model Cars Magazine Forum

Remove polish from panel lines

I know this may seem like a dumb question, but always have a hard time getting the ploish out of the door lines, and panel lines, I have tired using a qtip, and that works sometimes, used the back of a #11 blade, again works sometimes.

I need to remove the some dired ploish from my mustand build

I usually run it under warm water and lightly scrub with a soft bristled toothbrush or a fine micro brush if i have any clean ones. Best thing is to get it out right away, dont set it down and plan to do it later. After your done the section, run your toothpick or micro brush along the panel line.

Wal-Mart, Walgreens, CVS all carry pointy one end rounded the other end. They're used for makeup application but are terrific for getting out polish, burnishing BMF, qiuckly wiping up paint that goes over the body when painting the interior roof, and lots of other things.

Wal-Mart, Walgreens, CVS all carry pointy one end rounded the other end. They're used for makeup application but are terrific for getting out polish, burnishing BMF, qiuckly wiping up paint that goes over the body when painting the interior roof, and lots of other things.

Thats great...I'll have to look for those on my next outing!

I'll bite the tip of a round toothpick to flatten it out and separate the fibers of the wood into a sort of "brush". It gets down into the panel lines and really lifts the polish/wax out.

I was just about to suggest this method, but I see someone beat me to it.......Try it it works.