Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford F250 Flatbed

Here is my first build of 2012, Trying to make a F250 Flatbed car hauler. I started out with the AMT/Ertl Ford F150 short box, and I am using the rear axel, springs, door handels and mirrors from the Monogram F250 Super Duty kit. And last but not least the rollback kit from Sean (sstacey47)

Here are the Kits

DSCN9619.jpg

This is what I would like it to look like

F250Rollback.jpg

Starting to make the frame

DSCN0380.jpg

DSCN0382.jpg

Frame finished

DSCN0448.jpg

Nice looking build! One thing though,the rear springs are on backwards. The solid mount should be at the front and the shackle should be at the rear. Is the bed cast in resin?

Nice looking build! One thing though,the rear springs are on backwards. The solid mount should be at the front and the shackle should be at the rear. Is the bed cast in resin?

Yeah I noticed that when I was putting it together, it’s all fixed now, I was trying to get the rear wheels as far back as I could. Using 3 different instructions is kind of confusing at times haha. The flat part of the bed is sheet styrene from Sean's rollback kit, very nice kit I might add.

Haven’t had much time on the bench but I got almost everything painted and its almost ready to go together, hopefully this weekend.

I am having an issue with the drive shaft; does anyone know how it should look? I have a shaft from the F250 kit in the second pic, should I make it look like that or just do a straight shaft? I am trying to use 2 Nascar shafts from my parts box, unless someone else has another idea?

16-9628.jpg

17-9714.jpg

• 1 month later...

Finally got Some more done to the flatbed (its only been 2 months haha), went with the one peice draveshaft. Thanks for all the compliments guys, it means alot. Sean this kit is very nice. If anyone was thinking about it I would def get one, I have one more to do after this.

just used some NASCAR drifshafts and some plastic rod

18-9722.jpg

Interior

19-9935.jpg

made some grooves in the bed, could have been better but it looks good to me

20-9939.jpg

close up

21-9940.jpg

• 2 weeks later...