Model Cars Magazine Forum

John Collins Pioneer firebird W,I,P. (engine detail help!)

Biffo

Ok restarted under this heading, as windscreen problem is resolved !

Latest problem is !!! i have lost my reading glasses and have to wait til 28/01/12 to get new ones !

Car needs to be be finished by 11/02/ for my first model show competition !

And i am waiting on delivery of braided lines and other parts to finish !

003517.jpg

DSC_0031454.jpg

And heres where i am with engine detailing so far !

DSC_0034-vi.jpg

So during my next 1 week+ hiatus i thought i would research some fuel pump fuel line reference for info, but i am struggling to find anything !

Does anyone have any ref photos of F/C engines around 1979 period?

please help!

Biffo

Sean... here is a couple of pics to hold you over until I have more time to upload more pics of this car. I would of uploaded them all but I need to get out the door here soon for work. but here is a few pics for you....

Picture020.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Hopefully these pics help out a little and then I will upload the rest. There is about 14 pics total that I have of this car.

Thanx Chris, lots of inspiration there ! still b it unsure of what barrel valve on bug catcher looks like but i think it must be like a backwards,laid flat upside down "y" with one line from fuel pump and spliting to two to the injector and manifold blocks ! will scratch build what i mean and post ! got roll cage padding and oil filter lines done last night, wiil post later ! Thanks again !

Can't wait for it to be done.

I have lost or broken so many pairs of persciption that I've lost count.I use those "Reader Glasses" to builld my cars.I think they go up to 3.75 magnafication Wallgreens,Osco,Wallmart and the Dollar Store sell them.Look for 2 for 1 newspaper coupons

Keep up the good work

Mike

Ok finally got some photos and updates,( 11 days till show/competition time)

Found a body up photo on an old Hot Rod mag cover so had to change the plug wires to BLUE ! also plumbed oil filters and fitted blower belt !

016-vi.jpg

And now am working on 3rd Bug Catcher !

1st one the alclad finish wasnt good,

2bd one finish was nice, but nhabdked it to much when fitting injector hoses, and rubbed paint off the fins !!

017-vi.jpg

And heres the third (paint finish not as good as second but no rub off on fins !)

018-vi.jpg

Hope you like ! All comments welcome, and thanks for all the photos Guys !

• 2 weeks later...