Model Cars Magazine Forum

kustom 49 merc

dragon3323

its a 49 revell 49 merc doing some custom things to the car like it still have a lot of work to do

please let me know what you thing and if you have any tips that might help thanks

body- opening door opening trunk opening hood

paint two tone- pearl white and pearl black

motor- it out of revell 2007 Shelby gt 500

SAM_0788.jpgSAM_0787.jpgSAM_0789.jpgSAM_0790.jpg

Edited by dragon3323

well i got some work done to day a littel body work primer and motor work started . still have to sand the primer tush up puddy then one last coast of primer then paint and do some tush up on stuff this is all mash up

SAM_0803.jpgSAM_0804.jpgSAM_0805.jpgSAM_0806.jpgSAM_0807.jpg

Edited by dragon3323

please guy let me know what you think or if you have tips it realy dose help me become a better builder

You might wanna file down the door jams alittle, it may hit the seat, and thin out the door edges too, that way it'll look more realistic. Just my .02

Dragon-

So far your work is looking good to me. Pretty adventurous work. I still hate doing opening doors on a model, and I've been building for years. I only have one suggestion. You may want to see about getting a higher quality of putty. That green stuff tends to shrink as it dries, and it takes a looooonnngggg time to dry fully. You will probably end up with sink marks in your model in the next few months due to it. It is a great way to ruin a beautiful build. Ask me how I know!! If you can afford it I'd go to a automotive store (Napa, or the like) and buy some Evercoat (I think it was glazing putty). I think last time I bought some it was around $16- $18 but comes in a large container. I'm sure other guys here can give you some other ideas of good quality putty. Fortunately for me I build so slowly and usually have a few projects that I rotate through that any shrinkage is caught before I hit the paint stage. LOL!

Later-

Later-

Modlbldr

i know what you mean by the putty. it dose suck that why i have not got paint on the body. i have strip all the paint off and the putty and starting all over .i all so saying that im useing a diff paint and primer . im use wicked water base paint on the hole car. the hole frame and all it parts is all ready done ( see pic above ) and the wheels are done that way to . so far i have love this paint after some try to get use to it . so ill get a new update soon