Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dr.Cranky's 3 day weekend build #2 .Feb 18,19 & 20 th

ranma

Rob, looks good, what red did you use?

Kyle, is that revells wrx kit?, the body looks odley shaped, been thinking about getting it if I can find one at a decent price

Paul, is it really already sunday there? hmm

If I had more yellow paint on hand I would of done the revells new camaro kit, but I dont

Hi Jonathan,

The paint is Tamiya Italian Red on top of Tamiya white primer.

Many say Tamiya is over priced but I would disagree. With the proper prep and primer I have yet to be let down.

I also laid down two coats of clear tonight. Tomorrow I'll polish and clear again. Then decal.

Rob, I agree that its great paint, but I seem to or can get just as good results from model master lacquers , if I had a LHS that wasnt 30mins away I would most likely use Tamiya paints more. I think the next ferrari kit I build I will give Tamiya Italian Red a try instead of MM italian red

what i started with. This is probably one of the worst cars i've messed with. started out with junk trying to make it look halfway decent

IMG_0986.jpg

Almost ready to paint

IMG_0999.jpg

I didnt take pics of the grey primer but here it is in the finished coat. Its ready for lettering now

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

The hack job on the chassis. still extremely rough. i have to sand everything down still

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

Edited by 38special

WOW ! you guys are cruising along.

Paint job looks good Rob,not bad for straight out the can.I agree with you about tamiya paints.They are my prefered choice too

Kyle and Charles your builds are progressing well.

I got a bit side tracked with non model related stuff.

But body has been prep sanded and currently soaking in dishwashing detergent,will get some primer on it after tea then let it dry overnight.

Whilst the body drys il get evrything else prep'd and start some sub assemblies.Going be a late night need to catch up on lost time,and get everything ready for paint tomorrow.

Keep at it fella's

Kyle, you are just rockin the house here tonight.

Looks awesome man.

Thanks guys for the comments on my red bomb. I am happy with the progress. Almost everything is now painted so a good drying over night will leave me ready to really make some progress tomorrow. There still will be some minor painting to do but nothing huge.