Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modelhaus 1964 Dodge D100 Pickup

IMG_1012-vi.jpg

Modelhaus just released this kit. This is one of four versions--a Custom Sport Special. The interior includes bucket seats with console (as a separate component) and separate side panels for the upholstery. Dash and steering wheel, too.

IMG_1013-vi.jpg

IMG_1016-vi.jpg

The kit doesn't include an engine, but you can use the 383 from the Lindberg '64 Dodge with a little fitting

IMG_1017-vi.jpg

This is the deluxe version so it gets full wheel covers and whitewalls.

IMG_1019-vi.jpg

Parts are very crisp. This actually started as Don's '64 Ford! Lots of modification and scratchbuilding, and it looks great.

IMG_1021-vi.jpg

And it looks good up on its wheels. Very cool kit.

Terry

I kind of remember this as a new truck being as the local Dodge dealer had one in Tourquose. I never ever saw any more as the bucket seat option wasn't really considered by most to be a practical thing then. I'm glad Model hause did the model though as this is definenetly a rare bird . Ed Shaver

Wouldn't this be the correct push (and tow) truck for the Winged Express?

Yes and no. The Winged Express support truck was (and still is- the same truck totes the current Winged Express to this day) a couple model years newer, but the Dodge used the same body from '61 to '71, so you'd only need to worry about the grille area.

OK Terry, I bit. Or, to be more accurate, bought. Ordered one from Don a couple of nights ago based on your original post above....I am sure surprised to see a kit of this car....er...truck. Now...who's gonna do a '67 to '72 Ford F150? TIM

Well... R&R has a '72 longbed Styleside. It has an incorrect interior and is a bit crude in places, not to mention the molding quality isn't quite up to snuff. I have heard a couple of casters are considering just such an animal, however.

No, word has it that he's working on one of those, too.

I retract my former statement and will wait for that one! That isn't to say I won't pick up one of the current versions, though! B)

Are the bucket seats seperate? If I get one,it will have to have a bench seat.

Sounds like the buckets w/ console are only included for the CSS version. Modelhaus' low level and mid level versions have bench seats.

Was the CSS the first US pickup w/ bucket seats? Must be pretty rare..never seen a truck from the '60s w/ them...

Edited by Rob Hall

I kind of remember this as a new truck being as the local Dodge dealer had one in Tourquose. I never ever saw any more as the bucket seat option wasn't really considered by most to be a practical thing then. I'm glad Model hause did the model though as this is definenetly a rare bird . Ed Shaver

I remember when I used to spend my summers at an aunts house in Los Banos California, that there was a local CHP officer that also had a performance shop/gas station, & was a MoPar man, well anyway, he had one of these trucks with a short bed buckets,console the whole magilla, except one big difference, his had a 426 wedge with the good heads, & one of those cool cross ram 2 four barrel manifolds, that was one quick truck, he had a 3" pipe rear bumper with screw on caps so he could add or subtract weight from the rear of the truck.