Model Cars Magazine Forum

FULL BUILD REVIEW: REVELL 2010 Camaro SS Deluxe kit

This is the new full glue kit of the 2010 Camaro SS. I am really excited about tackling this one!

The boxart:

P1010213-vi.jpg

Upon opening the kit:

The body is crisply molded and will look fantastic in Scalefinishes Synergy Green basecoat!!

P1010214-vi.jpg

The chassis and interior components

P1010215-vi.jpg

The kit is very nicely detailed. It also comes with body sills, a front lower valance and rear lower valance that I plan on putting to use.

P1010217-vi.jpg

Full suspension components accurate to the finest detail. Of course you can build a stock SS if you desire.

P1010216-vi.jpg

Full engine detail and stock or custom wheels.

P1010218-vi.jpg

nicely molded rubber tires look proper in proportion (sans any sidewall detail.) Rear tail lights are molded in red plastic. Revell also gives you metal exhaust tips.

P1010219-vi.jpg

Beautiful decal sheet with a few stripe options.

P1010220-vi.jpg

Here is the body in Scalefinishes Synergy Green and Omni two part urethane clear. I painted all the body kitparts gloss black for contrast. This build will be similar to thecamaro at the SEMA show.

P1010221-vi.jpg

P1010222-vi.jpg

I carefully painted the custom wheel centers by brush with acryl gloss black. Then I picked out details with chrome silver.

P1010223-vi.jpg

A quick mock up. I plan on painting the interior black. More very soon on what so far appears to be a fine new kit from Revell!!

P1010224-vi.jpg

Looks like a nice kit ! Thanks for your review / W.I.P.

Dumb question time : In 1:1 Scale , is Chevy planning a Drag Race ("Body-In-White") model to compete with the Ford Mustang Drag Pack and Challenger S/S ?

Even if not , I can see a Dick Harrell 'phantom' being built ...

yes GM has plans for a new "COPO" camaro for 2013

It seems odd the box art models would both have black painted side view mirrors.

Good to see Revell investing in another "new" car tool. Hopefully the next one will be 1/12 scale, to go along with the Shelby Mustang or the '69 Camaro Z/28. :wub:

Nicely done kit. Too bad it is a kit of a butt fugly, ill proportioned car. Try as I might, I just can't see the beauty in these monstrosities. And just so I won't appear biased because I'm a Mopar man, I would like to say that I feel the same way about the Chargers.

gus

Ok, you mention and vaguely show the front and rear valances (the custom versions). Would it be possible to get a good shot of these parts (as the front end treatment (if that is what it is) looks to be the 'Z/28' prototype front. I would be interested in the kit if that were the case.

Looks like a nice kit ! Thanks for your review / W.I.P.

Dumb question time : In 1:1 Scale , is Chevy planning a Drag Race ("Body-In-White") model to compete with the Ford Mustang Drag Pack and Challenger S/S ?

Even if not , I can see a Dick Harrell 'phantom' being built ...

Think Camaro COPO announced recently.

the picture i posted above is the "COPO" concept Camaro. supercharged 327 LS, Powerglide and a Ford 9" rear axle IIRC. so far nothing online that shows that Chevrolet has built any of them, but they want to.

Yeah, that's true. But I still want to build it. :lol: