Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show me your Acura RSX

Modlbldr

I was just putting the body panels on a Revell Acura RSX Type S kit and only remember one being built on this forum. Has anyone else built this kit? Looks like a nice little kit. How well did it go together? It has so many optional parts- 3 front and 3 rear clips. Just wondering what anyone else's looked like. So.....post 'em if you have 'em.

I will say that trying to get this puzzle to fit back in the box so I can close it is a bear! Too many parts!!!!

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

Nice jobs guys. That's the same front end I'm using Patrick.

I like the conversion work you did Gerald.

So how well did the kit parts go together? Looks like it should be a painless kit, to me.

Thanks again for sharing. I'm thinking of doing a sort of T-top on mine for something a little different.

Later-

I've pondered getting the Revell kit from time to time, but it looks like it was tooled from a diecast like the Subaru Impreza kit was. Is that true? It just sort of looks "chunky", like the headlight lenses don't look like they sit right, or that they look too thick. Same with the bumpers. I know that either Fujimi or Aoshima (or both?) makes this body style as a JDM Honda Integra, and although it is more than likely a curbside it looks like a much better quality kit than the Revell. Not to knock anyone's builds here, they all look pretty cool. This is a car I'd like to build eventually, so although I don't have one to show at the moment I'd like to hear about how the Revell kit goes together, versus the Japanese manufactured kits (if anyone here has made one, that is). A quick google search came up with this for example (this is a Fujimi kit):

$%28KGrHqYOKj4E3Li3UPNeBNzk71RHjQ~~_3.JPG

Ok, I think I'd prefer the Fujimi kit then. It's cool that the Revell has a lot of optional parts, but I like the accuracy of the foreign kits, even if they are curbside & don't have the extra bumpers & stuff. That's just me though, maybe I'll get the Revell kit & the Fujimi kit and build 'em both LOL.

I've never had the chance to check out the Fujimi kit hands on, so I wasn't aware of how simple it is. I'm used to Tamiya kits and I guess I assumed that Fujimi was the same as far as how nicely it represented the car it is supposed to be, if that makes sense. I think I'll give the Revell a shot, and I agree about the taillights (those pegs are an eyesore LOL) but I really like the dark grey one shown above. From a financial standpoint I have to agree that it makes more sense to buy the Revell, it is simply the better deal. Thanks :)

The ONLY issues I really had with the Revell kit was slight body fit (non-issue really) and the wheel/tire fitment. But, that was taken care of in the mock-up/test-fit stage of assembly. Overall, combining the Revell RSX with some of the other kits in their 'Tuner' line (the Civics, DC2 Integra, and the Subaru Impreza STI) can yield a LOT of different options. I personally liked the line (for the most part) and am glad Revell took the gamble with them. Too bad more of their kits didn't have this many build options.

I am unaware of how the Fujimi or Aoshima kits are so I won't make any comments either way on them. So far this kit looks to be very well designed, fit wise. I haven't gotten into putting much more than some of the sub assemblies (engine block pieces, front suspension, etc) together or test fitting things. I glued the custom front end on and had test fitted the chassis in before reading the instructions. Then I realized that the headlight buckets were supposed to go on first (requiring taping them off before painting or painting the front end separate from the body). Having thought that I would need to do some major mods to get them in, I was happy to see that they will slide into place just fine from underneath. Whew!!! Dodged that bullet. Hopefully the rear taillight panel will be as easy.

I am still contemplating cutting the roof out in a T-top style. I have opened up the screened areas in the front end. I need to remove mold lines from the body and then I can primer. I have some custom wheels from the parts box that I am putting on mine. I just need to get one more aluminum ring for the front wheel from my buddy this week. I'm really excited about the wheel combo I came up with.

I really appreciate everyone's input on this kit. I really like the silver one with red seat inserts. And I like the custom wing on that white one also. Where did it come from?

Later-

• 4 years later...