Model Cars Magazine Forum

1950 Ford Shoebox

V-LOW

This is my Ford two door sedan from 1950. It started out as an AMT 1950 Ford convertible. I've used the soft top roof from the kit to build the sedan body style. It's no custom, because I like this car the most when it's stock. Here are some pictures of the car:

32604981.jpg

42219480.jpg

60460515.jpg

13959973.jpg

31657712.jpg

If you don't mind, can you talk a little bit about how you set up your pictures and camera dials? Thank you.

I've used a white piece of paper bend against the wall outside when it is cloudy. The camera on a high exposure level, because it takes out any shadow of the paper.

Very cool and it' s what I have always said, pictures under direct sunlight do not come out as nice as the ones in the shadows, the best ones are always on the cloudy days. Very cool build. This car is always a favorite among custom style builders but I think as you do, I love to see it untouched. Very nice job!

Please add my kudos as well. Great paint. As a former photographer, direct sunlight or a single light source indoors is almost always the worst setup. That's why you always see pros using lots of light sources and/or reflectors to soften if not eliminate the shadows.