Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge Monaco R/T pro-touring

S. Svendsen

One of my first cars was the Coronet version of this body. Of course, mine was so rusted out that the rear of the thing was held up by a stack of 2x6's between the tops of the quarters and the leaf springs......haha. That car was embarrassing...

Yours is not, though. That thing rocks.

Sean, I just gave Mark Harmon a 1975 Version of this body to convert into a Funny Car body. Man, this build makes me think twice about THAT decision!

Luckily, I have a 77 2dr body I could use! Thanks for the inspiration.

Edited by whale392

Sean, I just gave Mark Harmon a 1975 Version of this body to convert into a Funny Car body. Man, this build makes me think twice about THAT decision!

Luckily, I have a 77 2dr body I could use! Thanks for the inspiration.

I had this idea for a while and really wanted the '75 Plymouth version, but they are pricey. The Dodges are easier to come by. I recently scored another '77 2 door Dodge in a trade that is gonna get a different treatment.

Edited by S. Svendsen

I got two of the Monoco 2drs, one a 75 and the other a 77. The 75 was in real bad shape, while the 77 had better overall integrity. As soon as I mentioned I picked them up to Mark, he wanted the 75 to convert to a Charger Funny Car. being as I knew I would probably never get around to fixing it, I gave it to him. Still have the 77 thought, and a Roscos' patrol car for the hood, chassis, and assorted parts (even thought I think I am going to use a later AMT B-Body for the chassis/drive train).