Model Cars Magazine Forum

Drift 32 Ford roadster *COMPLETED*

kingtoy

Here is a project I have been working on for awhile. I am trying to finish it soon for our clubs big contest coming up. I actually was inspired to build this from a song. The idea here is what if a guy took a 32 Ford roadster and decided to build it to go drifting in. I even have a resin Japanese girl to stand next to it when it's finished.

drift32d.jpgdrift32c.jpgdrift32k.jpg

drift32a.jpg

Edited by kingtoy

Here are some shots of my chassis getting mocked up.

drift32e.jpg

drift32f.jpg

Here is the body sitting on the frame

drift32h.jpg

Here is a shot of the grill shell. It is covered in carbon fiber decal.

drift32i.jpg

Here is the body, grill shell and seats sitting in it.

drift32j.jpg

In this one you can see the Electric fan and the steering converted to right-hand drive.

drift32k.jpg

The stance on this I think is just dead on.

drift32l.jpg

Here is just ONE of the wings that will be on it. One on the front under the frame and this one on the back, and yes it will be right there.

drift32m.jpgdrift32g.jpg

Here are some pics of the motor in progress. This is a Toyota 20V 4A-G. A friend of mine Jimmy created this motor from scratch and made copies. He has made several engines like this from scratch and I has lots of them to use in future project. I have detailed out the ITBs and I still nned to add the plug wires and put the spark plug valley cover on and the accessories.

DSCI0026.jpgDSCI0027.jpgDSCI0028.jpgDSCI0029.jpgDSCI0030.jpg

Totally out of left field . but i like it can't wait to see this one done.

i like the whole concept. tho i know some 1:1 rodders who would faint at the sight .

:lol:

Michael

LOL, that is kinda the point. Looks like a hot rod, but it's heart is Japanese.

This is awesome!!! I have toyed with the idea quite few times before, but never really made anything serious. I know I will step on some people's toes, but drifting to me just makes no sense and never really liked the whole hype about it. However the idea of a drift Deuce is pretty cool "what iff" matter. I am definitely interested to see how this ends up. Not a big fan of the front wing tho.

That's going to be cool, Jeff! Didn't you do something similar a couple of years back?

Yeah, a few years back I built a tuner hot rod. It was a chopped and channel 29 Ford truck on a modern frame with independent suspension front and rear and a supercharged Acura Integra motor in it.

Love the idea. Rodders have no problem slamming a v8 in to a jap car so why not the opposite ? IMHO and experience I feel most jap car seem to me to be mor reliable. I just hate all the electronics that go along along with the. I have a model ford truck that will be getting a 2jzgtt Toyota supra motor.

That was it, I just couldn't remember exactly.

Thanks.

BTW do you still have the Hearse?

Yes I do.

Love the idea. Rodders have no problem slamming a v8 in to a jap car so why not the opposite ? IMHO and experience I feel most jap car seem to me to be mor reliable. I just hate all the electronics that go along along with the. I have a model ford truck that will be getting a 2jzgtt Toyota supra motor.

That is my feelings exactly. That truck idea kicks ass. You will have to share some pictures.