Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Playland Penny Arcade

KHamilton

Paul, there's an easy way to resolve that problem. Do what I did, I just went and pitched a tent down the street from Ken and then got to visit him all the time. LOL, just kidding. I hear Ken gets up early in the AM with this 22 rifle to shoot some groundhog varmints off his property. I don't want to be mistaken for a groundhog! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks, guys:

Mark: I use GatorBoard to rough in the buildings. It's basically foamcore with a thin wood veneer instead of the paper used on Foamcore.

Fantastic stuff. A little pricey, but great to work with. Here's a link the to construction album. Some of the pics show the GatorBoard.

http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/playland_penny_arcade/

Cranky: The groundhogs are plentiful this year, but I'm thinning the herd.

I use GatorBoard to rough in the buildings. It's basically foamcore with a thin wood veneer instead of the paper used on Foamcore. Fantastic stuff. A little pricey, but great to work with. Here's a link the to construction album. Some of the pics show the GatorBoard.

http://public.fotki....d_penny_arcade/

Thanks Ken , Have asked around a few building shops and alike here in New Zealand ...They all look at me a bit funny when I say I`m looking for Gator board .... The only board I can get that`s close is the core board which I can get from the stationery shop ..which I brought a couple of sheets to try .

thanks again for your help ,

Huge K Hamilton Fan

Mark

Thanks, Marc. You can probably order Gatorboard on-line, but i don't know what kind of shipping there

would be to New Zealand. Fomecore might work for what you're doing, but you'll be hooked on Gatorboard

if you get your hands on some!

Thanks again for the compliment.

Thanks, guys:

Mark: I use GatorBoard to rough in the buildings. It's basically foamcore with a thin wood veneer instead of the paper used on Foamcore.

Fantastic stuff. A little pricey, but great to work with. Here's a link the to construction album. Some of the pics show the GatorBoard.

http://public.fotki....d_penny_arcade/

Cranky: The groundhogs are plentiful this year, but I'm thinning the herd.

Too bad they don't make good eatin'! Watch out for the neighbor's! LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks very much for all the kind words, guys. I haven't started anything else yet 'cause there are a couple

other irons in the fire: I've been invited to have a show of dioramas at an honest-to-goodness Art Gallery in

Philadelphia this year over the month of September, and the Arcade will be one of the pieces on exhibit.

I'll post more info later in the summer, but the opening reception is Friday evening, September 7.

If you're in the area, you're all invited to the opening!