Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

new paint i have been using

9 posts in this topic

Posted

i have a buddy that dose some killer air brush work so i ask him what paint is he using . he told he he using wicked colors water base paint . so i order some and trying it out . i love it now so far im working on a 49 merc so this is what i did with this paint every thing in this pics is using the new paint i plan to paint the body in this paint and using there pearl

http://www.createxcolors.com/product/wickedcolors/main.html her a link

SAM_0812.jpg

Posted

i love it but it fisheyes too much no matter how much i clean, whats the trick to it

Posted

They have done really great color options too, even some glow/UV type stuff. I'm still trying to use up my autoair paints before I invest to much into the new line.

Posted

i love it but it fisheyes too much no matter how much i clean, whats the trick to it

What are you using to clean with?

I use a 50/50 mix of distiled water and isopropyl alcohol. Works great and I've neve had a problem.

Posted

also check for moisture in the line.

it's really good paint

Posted

this is what in using bulldog adhesion promoter. then primer and then sand. spray a mist coat of the water base paint. weight five mins the spray one more mist coat .then spry a light coat and it good .but im all so spray bout a foot a why. it spraying water so take your time

Posted

Andy has a lot of experience with these paints. I've only used them a couple of times and do find them tricky, but the results are good.

Posted (edited)

this is what in using bulldog adhesion promoter. then primer and then sand. spray a mist coat of the water base paint. weight five mins the spray one more mist coat .then spry a light coat and it good .but im all so spray bout a foot a why. it spraying water so take your time

Why the promoter?

Edited by moparmagiclives

Posted

Why the promoter?

i found use the promoter help a lot when i spray auto primer to stick a lot better to the plastic parts . that what body shop use when they paint plastic parts .