Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Holden Monaro HK GTS

ShawnS

Hi again. Here is some more Aussie flavour for the forum. It is a HK Holden Monaro GTS made from ThePartsBox resin kit. It's curbside with Tamiya light blue paint and assorted decals from the spares box. I didn't do too much to it just drilled out the moulded in headlights and replaced them with buckets and lenses from my spares box. It has metal bumpers from a Cavalier Resin Monaro kit a Tamiya bullet mirror and the exhaust is from a Nascar kit. I also added rear 1/4 windows and wheels from a Mustang GT350R.

p1030743.jpg

p1030742e.jpg

p1030738f.jpg

p1030737y.jpg

picture004640x480.jpg

I added a fire extinguisher and a gauge cluster and detail master belts and MCG window cranks. I would have liked to put in some racing bucket seats but it would have involved having to cut out the moulded in seats and remaking the door panels, which is something that was beyond my skills at the time.

I hope you like it,

Thanks for looking.

Cheers

ShawnS

Beauty! Where in the world did you get this? its hard to find these type kits in the states. E-bay?

Thanks guys. Hi Scott I bought it from thepartsbox.com.au Their webshop isn't in action at the moment (that's why I didn't put a proper link) but they should be back in action soon with something new for you Aussie car and Mad Max fans.

Cheers

ShawnS

Hey Shawn nice Monaro, I've got the Falcon XT GT from the Partsbox picked it up when Jason was at the custom & hotrod show at Lenswood late last year but was disappointed that it had no dash in it that's flippng extra. Also when I was a young man I owned a HT of the Monaro then a HT panel van both where nice cars but the coupe was better as it was a 327 a rare machine, twas a pity it got stolen from the drive of my parents home one night when I was visiting them oh well thems the breaks hey Shawn, never saw it again.

Dingo B)