Model Cars Magazine Forum

Madd Max "Cyclops" trike "Finished pictures posted" 3-8-12

The idea for this project, the build, the paint...... Everything uncredible perfect. And everything from one man. John is an artist of his own. Every time I´m fascinated again by his models and I can´t get enough of them.

Hello......thanks guys for the kind comments, I really do appreciate them........I scratch built the Girder front end ,painted alclad and assembled........front wheel, anchor and caliper also attached.......exhaust pipes are on,blued with airbrushed Tamiya clear blue,red,orange and yellow and assembled ........I made a rear suspension for the side car,I had no reference pictures.....so I made it up......I know its not right but,it`s good enough for the girls I go with........I will make a headlight and attach the handle bars and fuel tank tomorrow........thank`s for looking.

DSCF0303.jpg

DSCF0300.jpg

DSCF0306.jpg

DSCF0305.jpg

DSCF0316.jpg

Your work is outstanding i look for your updates every day on this build, i have a question about using alcad i have been using the chrome and i really like it but it doesn't take to any kind of handeling i know they make a clear flat and semi gloss but not for the chrome i assume it would kill the chrome effect what do you think?

Your work is outstanding i look for your updates every day on this build, i have a question about using alcad i have been using the chrome and i really like it but it doesn't take to any kind of handeling i know they make a clear flat and semi gloss but not for the chrome i assume it would kill the chrome effect what do you think?

Robert.......thank you for the kind words.......I have never used a clear coat over my alcad......I have heard that some have used some sort of clear coat but,I have no idea what it is.......I would avoid any kind of clear coat ,that is just my 2 cents........ when I handle my parts..... I try and use a tissue or cloth and try to plan ahead the assembly to avoid the least handling.......if you avoid applying the alclad heavy......latter on in the assembly if you rub some of the alclad off.......you can always tape around the area that rubbed off and re-airbrush alclad onto that spot......I have done that plenty of times......thanks.

Hello.......thank you all so much for the kind comments........I scratch built a fuel tank out of a ball point pen and painted alclad.....fuel line hooked up......I assembled the handle bars and attached the front brake cable,clutch cable and throttle cable.......I made the ignition,starter button and a couple toggle switches ......I`m just about wrapped up with this build.......tonight I will make some foot pegs ,front head light and attach the "Cyclops".......thanks for looking.

DSCF0352.jpg

DSCF0343.jpg

DSCF0346.jpg

DSCF0347.jpg

DSCF0336.jpg

Awesome build John, love it. looking forward to seeing this complete.

question for you John: how long do you give the gloss black base to dry, before applying the chrome? I recently did a large T-800 Terminator with areas of Alclad on it, and gave the base a day to dry.

steve

Awesome build John, love it. looking forward to seeing this complete.

question for you John: how long do you give the gloss black base to dry, before applying the chrome? I recently did a large T-800 Terminator with areas of Alclad on it, and gave the base a day to dry.

steve

Hi Steve........I use "Osh" brand rattle can primer.........it dries really fast on a warm day ,in about 10 mins.......then I spray "Osh" brand rattle can flat black.......let that dry for about 1/2 hour......then I clear coat with urethane ........I airbrush the alclad the next day........thanks.

Edited by John Teresi