1/16 Dukes Charger

13 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Ken by chance do you have another picture of that car with better rendering of the back. Because to me it looks like it drops down, instead of adding that extra piece on to make the back window smaller.

The reason why I say this, is looking at the rear sides of the window section, the lighter pieces on each side look like it makes it go downward from where the actual trunk lid would have been. But this could be an optical illusion, not sure.

Posted · Report post

Shoot me a pm with your email and i will send some pics. Having some sort of issue with my photobucket account.

Posted · Report post

Lookin good Ken, keep it going

Posted · Report post

Small update. Opened up the cowl area and added the tail light blank off.

b25b69f0.jpg

fd686ae0.jpg

Here is another shot of the rear window opening. The back slopes to the trunk. The Daytona has a smaller trunk lid than the Charger.

55eb21f4.jpg

Posted · Report post

Looks good, and I must say nice touch on opening up those vents. Probably something some wouldn't take the time to do! Keep them progress pics coming!

Posted · Report post

Updates?

Posted · Report post

Looks good ! I grafted the nose onto mine for a smooth look but elected not to mess with the rear window.

Posted · Report post

Since we are talking about converting the 1/16 charger I thought I would as my question here. The MPC charger has the frame from the NASCAR kit that the suspension attaches to, so for your conversion that's good. However I want to change mine to a standard 69 or 70 charger right off the standard assembly line. Does anyone know of a replacement engine bay that allows me to remove the engine frame?

Any ideas,

Posted · Report post

Do I presume you will be making your own decals, or are you getting the NASCAR decals from somewhere?

Posted · Report post

Since we are talking about converting the 1/16 charger I thought I would as my question here. The MPC charger has the frame from the NASCAR kit that the suspension attaches to, so for your conversion that's good. However I want to change mine to a standard 69 or 70 charger right off the standard assembly line. Does anyone know of a replacement engine bay that allows me to remove the engine frame?

Any ideas,

That question, is what I am working on as a kit form for folks to convert this race kit into a street kit. I'm not just talking engine bay, but also interior pieces as well. along with rear frame replacement as well.

Posted · Report post

Any ideas,

http://cs.scaleautomag.com/sca/modeling_subjects/f/29/t/102662.aspx?sort=ASC&pi209=1

This might help you. I converted mine a while ago so hopefully it can give you some ideas.

Posted · Report post

I'm in for a couple if you start making them for sale...