Model Cars Magazine Forum

-overhaulin'- 1968 Pontiac Firebird 400

krishna.iskandana

Hi again guys.

It feels like ages since my last post. I have to admit that 2012 started a bit late for me.

This one is a 1968 Pontiac Firebird 400 from revell. The color is tamiya metallic black and tamiya mica silver for the stripes.

I actually built this one to resemble the real by car that was built by Chip Foose in one of "overhaulin' " episodes.

I only changed the wheels to 23" pegasus wheels and added engine wires.

Let Me know what you think and thanks for looking.

Regards

Krishna Iskandana

Langford, WA

PontiacFirebird400.jpg

PontiacFirebird40010.jpg

PontiacFirebird4009.jpg

PontiacFirebird4008.jpg

PontiacFirebird4002.jpg

i wonder if Chip has ever been approached by a model company wanting his name on a line.... if so, and if he did, i'd hope he had final say and better taste than the ummm "less than optimum" Rides By Boyd junk....

his visions translate into metal a heck of a lot better than most designer's do.

This is a nice model! It seems very clean and aligned model. My only criticism is based on a real car. I dont think those wheels will work properly. I like to build models so close as a real one I can.I think if the front wheels were smaller the entire set would be better. Even the rear I think is a little oversized for me...

But this is me... If you had fun with this building, this is what matters at all!!!

Congrats!

This is a nice model! It seems very clean and aligned model. My only criticism is based on a real car. I dont think those wheels will work properly. I like to build models so close as a real one I can.I think if the front wheels were smaller the entire set would be better. Even the rear I think is a little oversized for me...

But this is me... If you had fun with this building, this is what matters at all!!!

Congrats!

Have to agree....just my opinion as well.

otherwise it looks awesome! nice job on the paint!

Have to agree with Drago...I love your workmanship on this model..it looks great. But how in the world would those front wheels turn? There's no clearance now between the tire and the fender so any little bump would wreck the fender maybe... But again, that does not take away from your workmanship on this model!

Have to agree with Drago...I love your workmanship on this model..it looks great. But how in the world would those front wheels turn? There's no clearance now between the tire and the fender so any little bump would wreck the fender maybe... But again, that does not take away from your workmanship on this model!

nice job! , the front wheels could be easily swapped with the 19" versions, I've found the larger 23's can be a bit big for the front on certain models.

(I'm working on one right now with the same wheels)