Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Paint?

When I looked the other day all but 9 colors were in stock at Tamiya. And those colors will return when labels are updated. You can thank California for all this. They are 'PROTECTING' us!!The issue is every dealer was out and they all ordered and thus they got partial orders filled. If it's a color I have to have I order it direct.

do you have a citation for that claim against california?

probably not...because i doubt it was strictly a california thing, though im sure they/we were out in the front of the pack.

distribution is kinda spotty on it on the west coast; there are those claiming it to be plentiful, but ive been to two shops in the past month with practically none of it available. both did have the primer that was missing for so long, but one especially had zilch, almost literally. and they said they were trying to get hold of some.

i need to establish a cheap and reliable internet source for the TS series and the military stuff too. any suggestions?

do you have a citation for that claim against california?

probably not...because i doubt it was strictly a california thing, though im sure they/we were out in the front of the pack.

distribution is kinda spotty on it on the west coast; there are those claiming it to be plentiful, but ive been to two shops in the past month with practically none of it available. both did have the primer that was missing for so long, but one especially had zilch, almost literally. and they said they were trying to get hold of some.

i need to establish a cheap and reliable internet source for the TS series and the military stuff too. any suggestions?

California Proposition 65 is the culprit here. My employer is in the caulk and sealant business and have had to change labeling for the same reasons as Tamiya.

California Proposition 65 is the culprit here. My employer is in the caulk and sealant business and have had to change labeling for the same reasons as Tamiya.

Thanks for posting that. Tamiya always said it was a 'California label issue' that caused the shortage. I grew up in So Cal and still visit often....but they kill themselves sometimes with choking regulation. I have friends there that shut down their businesses only because of over regulation....so I speak with some knowledge and not just rumor.

....but they kill themselves sometimes with choking regulation. I have friends there that shut down their businesses only because of over regulation....so I speak with some knowledge and not just rumor.

More to the point, THEY (the government) kill US (the citizens). WE don't want what the government is cramming down our throats and making us pay extra for doing so.

I just checked the Tower Hobbies website and they have 15 "car" colors in stock and probably 6 times that many colors either on order or temporarily out of stock.

I am sure now that the label issue has been resolved, it will take awhile before everyone is fully stocked.

Thank heavens all the issues were resolved with the State of California and Tamiya paints and glues are back on distribution!

Doctor Cranky's happy, happy and he will never have to sweat it out fearing his last drop of Thin Liquid Cement was about to be used! :wub: :wub: :wub:

All their liquid products are available once again at your local hobby shops throughout the land.

010-vi.jpg

009-vi.jpg

FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harry, I believe they had to relabel the cans because "It's known to the state of California to cause cancer" :rolleyes::lol:

EDIT-Hobbylinc doesn't have it yet, so hopefully they will within the next week...

But you know everyone's gonna run out of stock as soon as they come in..

Edited by SuperStockAndy

I think so, that's what I was told, and it wasn't an issue with the other States, just dear old Cali!

You don't know how I was sweating it out. This is the workhorse adhesive at my work bench. Close call. I also couldn't get my hands on my two favorite colors: Hull Red and Buff, but everything has been resolved, so no more having to get stuff directly from Japan.