Model Cars Magazine Forum

Save your decals

jcbigpaw

Don't know if anyone else is interested in this bit but I have gotten into the habit of scanning all my decal sheets into my computer for future use. This way if I mess one up or just need another set of flames etc for a future project I can just print a set using my favorite water slide decal sheets. Started doing this when I needed to re-create some OLD decals that had deteriorated and I couildn't use them. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Coat the decals with either Microscale or Superscale brand "Decal Film." It's the same carrier that quality decals are printed on and works much better than any paint clearcoat. And you can use the setting solutions on them.

Terry, do you spray that stuff on or brush it? I've got some but never used it. And is it ok over Alps printed decals?

• 5 months later...

Any good tutorials on this subject out there?

Just picked up a kit from 1992 and he decals are shot (which is one of the reasons I got such a deal :D )

Can I simply scan the sheet I've got, a then print out a new set?

Its for a classic rally car so I was thinking of changing the name of the driver and co driver while i was at it. B)